Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Members' Direct Ancestors > Take Two 5xGreat-Grandparents

Old 14-12-12, 15:07
Administrator

Default Mary Hargreaves

Name - "official" name and what they were known as Mary Hargreaves, aka Mally
Date and place of birth About 1772, don't know where
Names of parents Don't know
Date and place of baptism - if applicable Not found
Details of each of his or her marriages - if any 25 Oct 1792 at St James, Accrington, to Robert Kenyon, witnesses Richard Kenyon and John Rothwell
Occupation(s) - if any Housewife
Addresses where they lived (including county if in UK) - and please list which censuses you have or haven't found him/her on (if s/he lived in census times!).
1792-1805 Accrington, Lancashire
1808-1836 Baxenden, Accrington, Lancashire

Date, place and cause of death Jun 1836 Baxenden, Accrington, Lancashire, not got cause
Date and place of burial. 30 Jun 1836 St James, Accrington, age 63
Details of will / administration of their estate - if applicable Not found
Memorial inscription - if any Not found

Link to son's thread:
George Kenyon

Family History News updated 29th Feb
Findmypast 1871 census update
Old 14-12-12, 15:22
Administrator

I've just found out that there is another Robert Kenyon / Mary marriage at St James Accrington in the same year, 30 Jun 1792 Robert Kenyon married Mary Riley, both of Accrington. Witnesses James Whittaker and John Rothwell (serial witness).

George Kenyon had a son named Hargreaves Kenyon, so I think Mary Hargreaves must be his mother. But I need to try to find some more info to prove which children belong to which couple now! I have the following children in my tree:

Robert Kenyon baptised 25 Oct 1792 St James Accrington (same day as the Robert Kenyon / Mary Hargreaves wedding), son of Robert Kenyon & Mally, abode Accrington
William Kenyon born 18 Jun 1794, baptised 5 Aug 1794 St James Accrington, son of Robert Kenyon & Mally, abode Accrington
James Kenyon baptised Mar 1796 St James Haslingden, son of Rob't & Mary, abode Accrinton
George Kenyon baptised 17 Feb 1799 St Mary and All Saints, Goodshaw, son of Robert Kenyon & Mally, abode Height Accrington
John Kenyon baptised Jun 1802 St James Haslingden, son of Robert & Mary. John Kenyon buried 4 Jan 1820 St James Accrington, age 17, son of Robert Kenyon, abode Baxenden
Robert Kenyon baptised 30 Mar 1805 St James Haslingden, son of Robert & Mary
William Kenyon born Mar 1808, baptised 2 May 1808 St James Haslingden, son of Robert and Mary, abode Baxenden, buried 24 Nov 1809 St James Accrington, an infant, abode Accrington.

The spacing out of the children suggests this is only one family. There is a burial at St James Haslingden Jan 1802 of an Anne Kenyon, daughter of Robert Kenyon, but apparently the abode is not given so she could be unconnected. There is a gap that she could fit in if she does belong to this family, though.

Old 15-12-12, 00:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiterunner View Post
There is a burial at St James Haslingden Jan 1802 of an Anne Kenyon, daughter of Robert Kenyon, but apparently the abode is not given so she could be unconnected. There is a gap that she could fit in if she does belong to this family, though.
Don't know if she fits anywhere for you, Kite, but four entries after that burial at St James Haslingden Jan 1802 of Anne Kenyon, daughter of Robert Kenyon, there is:

Burial: Jan 1802 St James, Haslingden, Lancs.
Alice Kenyon - Wife of Robert Kenyon
Source: LDS Film 1068835.

From Lancs. OPC
Alice Kenyon burial Jan 1802

Looks possibly like a postpartum death. So this Anne might not belong to your Robert and Mary/Mally?

Janet (Niagara)
Old 17-12-12, 22:51
Administrator

Yes, I was looking at that the other day, Janet, and I thought the same as you. Thanks.

Tags
tt5g1