Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Research Questions

Old 13-06-15, 13:38

Please put away the dunce's cap immediately! I inherited reams of paper family tree info from my late uncle, who had gathered a lifetime's "stuff" from all branches of the family. I purchased Family Tree Maker when I got my first computer over 20 years ago and started to transfer the information. It took ages but made a lot more sense when it was all linked together.

You can pick up last year's Family Tree Maker for a lot less than the retail price and if you work back logically from "you", as you should, in no time at all you'll have a work of art which clearly shows your info. in an accessible form.
Old 13-06-15, 13:44

Thank you, Uncle John . You've just saved me typing out a similar answer to yours.

Vita, it will be laborious for you in the beginning as you must now have so much to input, but it will be worth it in the end.
Old 13-06-15, 15:17

Thanks OJ - its good to know I'm not a totally lost cause. Promise I will do it - trouble is,

there always seems to be something more pressing.

Libby - I don't actually mind laborious. I find it quite therapeutic if I've got time to spend

on the task.
Old 13-06-15, 15:18

Sorry UJ - just noticed I called you OJ & we don't want to go there, do we ??????
Old 13-06-15, 15:48

Vita, why not have a play around with the tree facility on Ancestry. Go to 'Family Trees' on the band across the top on home page, click and select 'start a new tree'. If you add a few names each day you'll soon have a tree to be proud of. There's an option to make your tree private or public.
Old 13-06-15, 16:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby9 View Post
Vita, why not have a play around with the tree facility on Ancestry. Go to 'Family Trees' on the band across the top on home page, click and select 'start a new tree'. If you add a few names each day you'll soon have a tree to be proud of. There's an option to make your tree private or public.
Thanks for that Libby. Have you seen my 'Ann Headland' post on 'A Stubborn

Brick Wall'?
Old 11-07-15, 10:06

Its all happening today!

Caroline's d/cert also arrived yesterday & I'm a bit confused about cause of death. This is
what it says:-

Puerperal

Typhoid (this is struck through) 2

Typhoid Fever

7 days

certified

Would this mean she was pregnant & that was the 1st cause and that typhoid fever was

was the secondary cause, or that she had something called puerperal typhoid fever?

I've been unable to trace a disease of that name.
Old 11-07-15, 10:11
Administrator

Puerperal is "relating to childbirth", not pregnancy. The dictionary says that puerperal fever was "originally any fever occurring in connection with childbirth, now confined to endometriosis or septicaemia caused by the introduction of bacteria into the genital tract". So maybe her puerperal fever was caused by typhus?

Family History News updated 29th Feb
Findmypast 1871 census update
Old 11-07-15, 10:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiterunner View Post
Puerperal is "relating to childbirth", not pregnancy. The dictionary says that puerperal fever was "originally any fever occurring in connection with childbirth, now confined to endometriosis or septicaemia caused by the introduction of bacteria into the genital tract". So maybe her puerperal fever was caused by typhus?
Sorry Kite - should have said childbirth. Thanks for that.