Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Research Questions

Old 19-08-12, 13:30

the information was provided by james that the farmland bernard had the area was not to far from where is grammother was raised and this is the man who has been helping me greatly and even sent me the marriage cert
Old 07-09-12, 13:23

and update and some new info

hello all its been a little while as i have been a little disconnected. i have not gotten anything further back the the wedding cert. but i have been gathering information on the descendents of bernard and ann. 2 sons (one being my gggrandfather) and 3 daughters one whom married and one who didnt and one that died at a young age. i do believe all of them came to america. what i will be working on is where bernard, ann , and maryanne are buried also which is harder to find out is what happened to the brothers that bernard had when he came from ireland to america in 1851. ive been working with some great folks in northern ireland working on mccusker and murray

and that reminds me.. the one bit of new info i have is i found out the name of catherine murrays parents(my gggrandmother)(who married thomas cusker the youngest of bernard and anns son)

there names were owen murray and mary mullen but mary died and owen remarried
Old 07-09-12, 14:23
Administrator

That's good progess.

Family History News updated 29th Feb
Findmypast 1871 census update
Old 10-10-12, 02:55

Another Update... Currently Working on a Skelton in our familys closet.... involves the two relatives discussed earlier, Bernard mccusker and Anne Carbin.... apperently Bernard died and ann had 1 or 2 children after his death and never married the man.
there is alot of work being put into this from many interested parties.
ive found some family research letters from a family member in the 80's
i think we have a better chance in soving the family secrets today then 30 years ago : )

like i said just an update thanks so much for everyones kind help and taking of your time

-Kevin
Old 10-10-12, 08:23
tenterfieldjulie

Rattling around in my brain is that a Bernard McCosker (0riginally McCusker) came to NSW Australia. The family was scattered around Northern NSW with a large branch in Inverell. There has been quite a lot written about them. My bil is a descendant .. if I can find my notes, I will let you know where they came from in Ireland and when. This Bernard married Ellen McAlinna, born 1801 Fintona, Country Tyrone, son of Cornelius McCosker/McCusker and Catherine Donly. Her emigrated to NSW 1837 so doubt there is a connection.

Last edited by tenterfieldjulie; 10-10-12 at 08:28.
Old 10-10-12, 18:28

i dont think there is a connection i have read alot about that branch. but thats though for thinking of looking into that for me
Old 06-08-13, 20:01

well i have been doing my research for a year now and found out some very interesting things i found bernards death civil record being end of april 1878 just less then a month of his son thomas my great great grandfather being born. also have found info on where there property was in fivemiletown according to a griffith valuation in 1862 i also now know where the property is on todays map. when bernard died his wife ann never remarries but has 2 children one of which i found coming to america to her sisters rose and catherine and the other child bridget i find also using the cusker name but loose her in the 1911 ireland cencus this is where i lose the trail of ann and bridget. the sister mary who came to america he trail falls out to in the 40s as she married a man named oscar hill and when he died after there first born she marries the brother james and up untill the 40s i have them in new jersy but this is it. it has been quite the adventure but i thought to just give an update also on my great great grandfather thomas' wife side "murray" ive even found cousins who live in ireland and england today and have talked through facebook
Old 06-08-13, 22:02
Administrator

It's quite difficult to trace relatives in New Jersey because not much NJ stuff is online. Ancestry do have lots of city directories so you may be able to follow them through those.

Family History News updated 29th Feb
Findmypast 1871 census update