Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Research Questions

Old 13-08-12, 19:00

ok. where does that leave me searching now recomendations on how to search becuase ive been searching a bernard mccusker from augh which what i was thinking was county tyrone for aughurcher
Old 13-08-12, 19:12

is there a place where i should look for birth records for the children of ellen. jane bernard neal(maybe corneilius) edward and hugh?
Old 13-08-12, 19:19
Administrator

Have you got a copy of the image of Bernard and Ann's marriage certificate, showing the place name as Augh? Or is it from a transcription? If his residence is just shown as Augh with no county name shown then I would think it should be in the same county as where he got married, i.e. Fermanagh. Or does it actually say he lives in County Tyrone on the marriage certificate?

If you have a copy of the image, would it be possible for you to post up just the bit with the placename that looks like Augh so we can see if we agree that is what it says? (I don't think we are allowed to post up full images of Irish certificates but a little bit of it should be o.k.)

Family History News updated 29th Feb
Findmypast 1871 census update
Old 13-08-12, 19:21
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcusker View Post
is there a place where i should look for birth records for the children of ellen. jane bernard neal(maybe corneilius) edward and hugh?
It's hard to know where to look without knowing which county we are looking in but in general, the places to look are FamilySearch and Roots Ireland. But unfortunately a lot of Irish records haven't survived.

Old 13-08-12, 19:36

i do not have a copy of the record i would like to index it myself as i do enjoy indexing for family search. the only reason i have augh is by what it said on a website where i found it i believe it was a website that someone made about st tierneys. this whole thing is now has me so confused for 2 years Ive been going in this one direction and now i feel like ive turned direction again completely. but anyway im ready to keep goin forward. i will try and find the original though. now bernard and ann had 4 other children not encluding my great great grandfather. patrick. mary ann and rose and catherine i would be very interested to know where these folks are but my grandfather (his grand was thomas) doesnt know about any brothers or sisters of thomas i was thinking if i can find decendents of patrick rose mary ann and catherine maybe they may have info to get me back further
Old 13-08-12, 19:36

i do apologize i do realize i am all over the place
Old 13-08-12, 21:54
Administrator

You can order a copy of the marriage certificate from GRONI (General Register Office of Northern Ireland):

GRONI Order a Marriage Certificate

Old 13-08-12, 22:22

very nice and i can do it online i will order it tomarrow once i get it ill scan it in until then i guess i can just keep on cracking trying to find out more. i actually am recieving help from someone i facedbooked. ( i wrote a huge letter and mailed it to almost every mccusker living in northern ireland whos listed on facebook ) but there is a very nice fella over there who thought may have a common link but with info he found maybe not. however hes such a standup guy he still is helping me
Old 13-08-12, 22:37
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcusker View Post
the only reason i have augh is by what it said on a website where i found it i believe it was a website that someone made about st tierneys.
If it is this website then they have put Augh? so it looks as though they weren't sure what it said.

PDF download

Old 13-08-12, 23:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiterunner View Post
If it is this website then they have put Augh? so it looks as though they weren't sure what it said.

PDF download
Yep that is exactly the website but i should be able to see for myself on the wedding certificate right. but yes it probably questionable when the were translating it.