Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Research Questions

Old 31-03-13, 18:48
Administrator

If Evan Jones is a labourer on Mary Ellen's marriage cert then that doesn't fit with the Evan we have been looking at since he is a joiner on everything as far as I can remember.

Family History News updated 21st May
Lancashire Non-conformist records new on Ancestry
Old 31-03-13, 18:58

I know but holding on barely to the thread of hope that as she was so young she didn't actually remember I have been sceptic about this line from the start so it won't stop me from looking into the others
Old 31-03-13, 22:47
Administrator

Just checking the witnesses for the Rigby girls' marriages in case Mary Ellen appears. Witnesses at Elizabeth Day Rigby's marriage were Frederick Burgess and Elizabeth Evans, no help but she got married at Garston, though, so that's a good sign, isn't it? Not found the right Sarah Rigby marriage yet to check her witnesses.

Family History News updated 21st May
Lancashire Non-conformist records new on Ancestry
Old 02-04-13, 15:43

I've also been trying to check the various marriages in this tree for witnesses no luck yet finding a Mary Ellen.
Sarah married a John Jacob 1st we think (although everything does tie up to this being correct), could not find the actual cert but there is a reference to the marriage. What is rather intriguing is she then married Michael Llynskey (also only have reference to the cert) but John Jacob appears to still be alive with a son on one of the census. She then married Frank Damon in 1912 the witnesses Ethel May and Richard Abbott – Ethel May’s maiden name is Fitton and she is Sarah’s sister Elizabeth Rigby’s daughter .
Old 02-05-13, 14:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by WendyLF View Post
Received a reply from the tree owner, she does not have a copy of Evan and Elizabeth's marriage certificate (although it is on her to do list).
Update - The tree owner has attached Elizabeth Nixon and Evan Jones marriage cert on the tree.
It states:
1849. Marriage solemnized in Wesley Chapel (? Street Toxteth Park) in the district of West Derby in the County of Lancaster.
- Evan Jones, 36 years, Widower, Joiner, George’s Place Jordan Street Liverpool, Father – Thomas Jones, Joiner
- Elizabeth Nixon, 19 years, Spinster, - , 14 Albert Court Albert Street Toxteth Park, Father – Robert Nixon, Stevidore

Evan signs his name, Elizabeth makes her mark.

Witnesses are William Dingwell and Mary McKittrick

The death certificate has also been added for Elizabeth.
It states:
Registration District – West Derby, 1907 Death in the Sub-district of Wavetree in the Counties of Lancaster & Liverpool.
3 May 1907 Pronounced dead Garston Accident Hospital Garston Liverpool
Elizabeth Day Rigby, Female, 71 years, Widow of William Rigby Dock Labourer 21 Park Street
Syncups Natural Causes, Certificate received from ???? Coroner in Liverpool Inquest held sixth May 1907, 7th day 1901, James Maguire Registrar.

I'm still no further at proving or disproving the link..............will keep at it though.
Old 03-05-13, 06:29

I was talking with the Rigby family on Tuesday ...I will pass this info onto them today ...we are very lucky that the mother aged 88 is alive and has all her faculties - she was out shopping with her daughter who is in her 60`s ...so ...fingers crossed - she may be able to advise or help ....
allan PS ...hope you are all keeping well over in SA ......