Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Members' Direct Ancestors > Take Two 5xGreat-Grandparents

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19-05-16, 19:14

Default Charles ANNIS

Hi - in reply to your last two posts: I couldn't agree with you more about the name Minter - when I traced the name many years ago I thought it very unusual - I think there still could be a connection with the one recorded in Bury St Edmunds.
No direct Nelson connection apart from 1. his birthplace of Burnham Thorpe, 2. his father the Rev Edmund Nelson marrying Charles Annis and Rachel ROBINSON in 1768 and 3. I have an ANNIS showing on a Muster List of one of Nelson's ships, but can't tie it in with any one on my tree.
I agree with your list of children to Charles and Sarah - NB Hannah (bap 1781) was buried in 1782. Additionally, Robert (1779), Richard (1781), Hannah (1783) and John (1786) were all publicly baptised in Burnham Thorpe on 20 August 1786 - the baptism entry makes reference to Pulham St Mary, (where Robert and Richard were privately baptised) proving it is the same family - do you have any thoughts on why they moved from Pulham to the Burnham's? - I have a theory.
My ancestor was Robert (1779).
Twins do run in the family, so there could be a link with the two you found in Bury St Edmunds. The John burial in Bury/residence Braiseworth is interesting - there are many ANNIS' in and around Braiseworth, Stoke Ash, Eye and surrounding parishes - they all need sorting!!
Chris

Tags
tt5g17