Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Family History General Discussion

Old 07-07-17, 15:41
maggie_4_7

I missed it, forgot it was on, I went to sleep.

I have read Kiterunner's synopsis and it sounds like a good episode I shall catch it on iPlayer tonight I think.

I went off WDYTYA a bit the last couple of series, it seemed to get stale and didn't really focus on things that I find interesting.
Old 07-07-17, 18:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiterunner View Post
Interestingly enough, the new GRO birth online index has "..." for mother's maiden name on the 1848 entry for George Futvoye Gold Booth, indicating that he was illegitimate. Some of the other children do have mother's maiden name shown.
All the dates of birth are listed in the family bible that my friend has, though George reworked the original list in 1879 stating it to be a true copy, signing and dating it - he has altered the children registered as Booth to Gold and put his own birth date (8 Feb 1808) and Emma's (3 May 1819) and included Julia & Emma, Emma Futvoye's daughters by Abraham Booth.

"No need for your birth certificate dear, look here you are in the family bible!"

He has omitted his son George (bapt 11 Sep 1836 @ St James, Clerkenwell) by Hannah his wife.

My friend's great grandfather was Charles Futvoye Gold youngest of George & Emma's children.
Old 07-07-17, 18:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill View Post
All the dates of birth are listed in the family bible that my friend has, though George reworked the original list in 1879 stating it to be a true copy, signing and dating it - he has altered the children registered as Booth to Gold and put his own birth date (8 Feb 1808) and Emma's (3 May 1819) and included Julia & Emma, Emma Futvoye's daughters by Abraham Booth.

"No need for your birth certificate dear, look here you are in the family bible!"

He has omitted his son George (bapt 11 Sep 1836 @ St James, Clerkenwell) by Hannah his wife.

My friend's great grandfather was Charles Futvoye Gold youngest of George & Emma's children.
He didn't reckon with computers and the internet did he?!
Old 07-07-17, 19:04
Administrator

Quote:

Very interesting. Shame they didn't show a copy on the programme!

Family History News updated 29th Feb
Findmypast 1871 census update
Old 07-07-17, 19:09

It was a total surprise to my friend, she wasn't expecting her ancestors to be on TV, I was scrabbling for the phone to tell her to watch but she wasn't picking up, then I had a text form her about it.
Old 07-07-17, 19:44

Jill, how exciting for you both! I would have been absolutely ecstatic. The family bible information is wonderful.
Old 08-07-17, 10:37

Has you friend thought of contacting Charles Dance Jill?
Old 08-07-17, 19:54
maggie_4_7

I watched it - I found Charles Dance okay and I quite like him and I cried too when he found out stuff about his father he never knew - I liked him - must have been a bit of a shock really - and I think that came across to be honest he was well emotional - as for calling the bar staff darling I think it was his local.

I like these types of WDYTYA because I have been down that road and found my father after he died - his grave - and only have other people my half sister to tell me who he was.

Standing at my father's grave in 2009 was pretty emotional so I could well relate to Charles Dance's feelings.

Last edited by maggie_4_7; 08-07-17 at 20:04.
Old 08-07-17, 20:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann from Sussex View Post
Has you friend thought of contacting Charles Dance Jill?
I don't know, we're meeting up early next month so no doubt she'll tell me.
Old 05-01-24, 13:47

Default Emma Futvoye

Quote:

Hi Jill
Apologies for being 6 years too late to this chat, but I’ve only just come across it. I’m a direct descendent of Emma Futvoye / George Gold, also along the same branch as your friend (Charles Futvoye Gold).
I only started researching my tree a few years ago and have taken the Futvoye branch quite a long way back (and even visited Spa in Belgium). Emma and George have always fascinated me because of their unconventional family arrangement. I noticed your friend has a ‘family bible’ - I would love to know a bit more about that if at all possible?
If it’s of any interest I have a photo of Charles and one of his wife.
Kind regards
Steve