Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Research Questions

Old 03-12-19, 17:23

Hi ,Merry Lavinia 's great great granddaughter has given me lots of info on ancestry . She lives in Canada ,and is in contact with me which is very nice , thanks for your help .
Old 04-12-19, 07:04

Hi , I have been researching marriages for the surviving houghs , you found Eliza married to Joseph jolly , I found Jane , married Edward Stuart 1902 Chorley Thomas married Betsy foster 1906 George married Bertha brindle 1909 . The Henry Bentley , you mentioned who was adopted by Eliza is a mystery . I've looked for a birth for him and can't find any in the area , but are a few in Stafford and around that area .
Old 04-12-19, 07:12

Hi ,according to the 1911 census Henry Bentley was born in appley bridge , my daughter lives there now . Will see if I can find him .
Old 04-12-19, 07:19

Hi , have found Henry Bentley , mothers maiden name Hough born 1901 upholland district . Maybe Elia had him before she was married , ?
Old 04-12-19, 07:36
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwackers View Post
Hi , have found Henry Bentley , mothers maiden name Hough born 1901 upholland district . Maybe Elia had him before she was married , ?
Could easily be that, but there are a few Hough/Bentley marriages about and I couldn't see a baptism for Henry to help. The only way to know for sure may be to get a copy of the birth certificate.

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 04-12-19, 08:16

Hi , maybe I will have to do that . I am now tracking William Grimshaw ,and Ellen callands other children .i looked at Peter and found him married to a Sarah from Rainford living in skelmersdale . Don't know what year they got married . Was checking their children William Age 17 in 1911 in particular , but finding it difficult to find who he married . It keeps coming up with an emigration to Quebec . So I'm trying to follow Peter age 6 in 1911 Ernest age 4 and James age 15 . Have you any ideas , as I can't find them at the moment
Old 04-12-19, 09:11

I suppose it's possible that if Alfred's and Ellen's son moved to America. That other relatives could have gone too at a later stage .
Old 04-12-19, 09:57
Administrator

Im on a train at the moment, so not great for searching. Look for the birth registrations for their children to get the mmn if you are still looking for the parents marriage. Re William, when you are at the library check Ww1 records and also look for deaths for him, plus 1939 register. No doubt there will be several possibles so you might have to try and eliminate!

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 04-12-19, 10:16
Administrator

Re your post 106, Peter was 8 not 6 in 1911. His birth was reg Q2 1902. There is a Peter on the 1939 register birth May 1902. Wife is prob Hilda (I only looked at the transcript).

Old 04-12-19, 12:45

Sorry I'm going nuts ,William Grimshaw married Ann Robinson , my my great grandmother , I've been searching so many things it's haddled my brain lol . So I don't need to check him or her .