Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Research Questions

Old 07-09-19, 05:18

Thank you all , your Stars .
Old 22-03-21, 12:37

hi I have been trying to trace back from Mary swift post 28 who married John Whalley . I believe her father was a jerimiah swift , there is a tree for jerimiah Swift born 1868 in Rainford . The only problem is it is on ancestry , and i'm not a member . I was wondering if you could be so kind , and check it out ? There's a jeremiah Swift born in 1808 ,who may be mary's brother . You may be able to glean more info for me Thanks Chrissie
Old 22-03-21, 15:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwackers View Post
hi I have been trying to trace back from Mary swift post 28 who married John Whalley . I believe her father was a jerimiah swift , there is a tree for jerimiah Swift born 1868 in Rainford . The only problem is it is on ancestry , and i'm not a member . I was wondering if you could be so kind , and check it out ? There's a jeremiah Swift born in 1808 ,who may be mary's brother . You may be able to glean more info for me Thanks Chrissie
I don't think you mean 1868, do you?
Old 22-03-21, 15:53

I tried to delete my post but it won't let me.
I see you have changed the year of birth to 1808.
Old 22-03-21, 16:49

hi , i'm sorry that should be jeramiah swift born 1768 rainford , and Jeramiah swift born in rainford in 1808 . thanks
Old 22-03-21, 18:33
Administrator

Quote:
Post #26 doesn't tell me anything. Post #46 and #45 tell me Mary was dec'd by 1851, so all we know is that she was (probably rounded down to) 40 in 1841 and was married in 1820. We don't know where she was born, but she wa living in Rainford in 1841.

I don't know why you keep looking at trees? Much better and more satisfying to do your own research.

There's a Mary Whalley buried at Rainford 2 April 1847 but she is said to be 55. If that's correct she was born about 1792/3. John Whalley was 49 in 1851 according to the census, so potentially as much as ten years younger. In 1841 they were both recorded as aged 40!

There are 16 baptisms for people called Mary Swift in the 1790s according to Lancs OPC, plus the one you presumably were thinking was yours in 1801 at Rainford. I don't know how you can be sure which one is yours.

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 22-03-21, 19:58

You said in a earlier post that john Whalley married a mary Swift ,so i was looking back on her tree .of the swifts .
Old 22-03-21, 20:02

mary swift was born in 1801 , to jerimiah swift , that's why i was looking at the tree . There's a lot of info going forwards on swift tree , but not after jerimiah swift . we have all the info going from mary and john going forwards you helped me with all that . iI was looking back on the tree .
Old 22-03-21, 20:06

the tree in question ,is correct and it goes forwards to my mother's father so i know that it is correct , i know what you mean that it is more satisfying ,i agree . i really would like to double check all the info on there to make sure it's correct .
Old 22-03-21, 20:21
Administrator

Quote:
You said in a earlier post that john Whalley married a mary Swift ,so i was looking back on her tree .of the swifts .
Exactly. That is what my post #56 is all about.

How do you know the daughter of Jeremiah Swift is the right one?

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010