Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Family History News and Information

Old 08-06-10, 23:05
Administrator

That sounds exciting; I hope they're the cemeteries where my rellies are!

Family History News updated 29th Feb
Findmypast 1871 census update
Old 09-06-10, 20:10

I see that I shall have to have another look for my lot now. I have never been able to find any one. It's nice that there is now a central location for burial records in London. I found the City of London burials don't go far enough.
Old 17-08-10, 18:32
Muggins in Sussex

100,000 records added for London Borough of Merton

Also 7,100 for Southborough Town Coucil

http://www.deceasedonline.com/
Old 14-10-10, 22:09

Default Blandform Forum, Dorset, burial records - Deceased Online

Blandford Forum Town Council
Church Lane, Blandford Forum, Dorset, DT11 7AD.

Approximately 7,600 burial records are available for the Town of Blandford Forum in Dorset, with Burial register scans. Maps showing the exact locations of graves have been prepared and will be added shortly.

Blanford Forum Cemetery - Added 30 September 2010

Burials numbered 1 to 7,599, dated 16 June 1856 to 6 July 2010 are available as Burial register scans with 8 to 20 entries per scanned page..

Note

Blandford Forum Town Council have requested that the addresses of the deceased and places of death not be shown in burial register records for the last 15 years.

https://www.deceasedonline.com/servlet/GSDOSearch
Old 16-10-10, 20:07
Muggins in Sussex

Default Blandford Forum

Approximately 7,600 burial records are now available for Blandford Forum in Dorset
Old 03-12-10, 21:06
Muggins in Sussex

Default New records for Islington and Camden

http://www.deceasedonline.com/

From their e-mail -

"Burial and cremation records dating from 1854 for the boroughs of Islington and Camden in central north London are now on Deceased Online. Two conjoined cemeteries, St Pancras and Islington, form the largest single cemetery in London and, in burial numbers, the largest in the UK.
Of the 800,000 burial records, approximately 70% of these are available immediately with the remainder to be uploaded within the next 3 to 4 months. The 575,000 records currently available comprise nearly 362,000 for the Islington section between 1854 and 1945 and the remaining 213,000 for the St Pancras section are for 1854 to 1898, and 1905 to 1911. Also available now are 46,500 records from Islington Crematorium which date back to 1937. The 8,500 most recent cremation records will be added in the next few months, together with the remaining cemetery records.

The cemeteries and crematorium serve a large catchment area across Central and North London and will therefore be a major research resource. The burial records are in the form of scans of registers; grave details indicating all occupants are available immediately for St Pancras Cemetery, and for Islington Cemetery will follow in the near future. The cremation records include scans of registers.

Notable burials include Henry Croft, the original Pearly King; violinist and conductor Sir Eugene Aynsley Goossens, John Hickey (survivor of the charge of the Light Brigade complete with a memorial erected by, among others, Jerome K Jerome); MP and industrialist Alfred Mond, interred in a stunning mausoleum; recipients of the Victoria Cross and hundreds of other war graves; Ford Maddox Brown, the Pre-Raphaelite painter; and Cora Crippen (aka Belle Elmore), alleged victim of Dr Harvey Crippen.

Over the next few months, maps of areas in the cemetery indicating grave locations will be uploaded together with photographs of many notable memorials and headstones.

The Deceased Online database for London is now over 1.1 million including the Borough areas of Islington, Camden, Havering and Merton. Many more records for other areas in London will be added in the near future."
Old 03-12-10, 21:16

Joan, many, many thanks!

I have just found my 2xgt grandparents' burials -

Henry William BOnd 1882
Eliza Bond 1900
both at Hampstead Cemetery
buried with her daughter from her first marriage - Eliza Anne Sharp
and her daughter's husband - John Harrison Sharp

Last edited by ElizabethHerts; 03-12-10 at 22:02.
Old 03-12-10, 21:36

resolved

Last edited by ElizabethHerts; 03-12-10 at 22:01.
Old 03-12-10, 23:20
Administrator

Ooh, thanks very much for that, Joan. My grandfather's half-brother is on there and I bet I'll find loads more of mine.

Old 03-12-10, 23:27
Administrator

Agh, it broke just as I was trying to buy credits! Glad to say I hadn't put my credit card number in yet.