Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Family History General Discussion

Old 17-06-19, 13:11

Default Buckinghamshire parish registers

Does anyone know whether there are any plans to digitise the Bucks parish registers?

I've been getting by with transcripts up to now but I'd really like to see the originals!
Old 20-06-19, 21:07

I'd like to see them digitised too but not heard anything to suggest it is happening any time soon.

That said, if you are able to get to an LDS Family History Centre they have digitised some of the microfilms they have but are restricted to the centres. Yes you have to trawl through them but it is better than nothing. They are accessibly through their catalogue which also shows which are available to view. Annoyingly some aren't because the LDS doesn't think they have access to make them available digitally, only on microfilm which is now not available.
Old 21-06-19, 21:43

Thanks, Nicki. I don't use the LDS Family Centre nearest to me nearly as much as I used to, but it's a useful reminder that they have records not available easily elsewhere.

I suppose I've been spoilt with so much on line these days.