Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Research Questions

Old 09-11-15, 14:22
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry View Post
Have you eliminated the one aged 3 in Upper Tyrone Street, Dunlin, father general labourer in 1901?
The dob for that one on her baptism is 14 Dec 1897, and no middle name on her baptism, though I suppose that doesn't definitely rule her out. There is a possible marriage for her in 1919 in Dublin North, but of course it could be someone else.

Family History News updated 29th Feb
Findmypast 1871 census update
Old 06-01-22, 16:58
Administrator

Thought I should put this on here, but to avoid people having to re-read the rest of the thread - I was looking for Christina Annie Martin who married my great-uncle Reginald Hugh Bristow. Her father was Michael Martin, a farmer, according to the marriage certificate. The 1921 census shows my Christina as Anna Christina, age 26 years 6 months, born Dublin, Ireland. If the age is correct (if!) then her date of birth is 25 Dec 1894. Other records suggest she was born in 1895 or 1896. Now off to look at Irish records...

Old 06-01-22, 17:25
Administrator

The Christina Martin who married Thomas Fitzmaurice in 1919 in Dublin North gave her father's name as Michael Martin, a labourer, and her address as something Gardiner Street. The Christina who is 3 in 1901 at Upper Tyrone Street, daughter of Michael Martin, a general labourer, is at Lower Gardiner Street on the 1911 Irish census with her mother, brother, married sister and brother-in-law. There is a Christina Fitzmaurice death in 1957 in Dublin, age 58, of 9 Shelmalier Rd, and a Thomas Fitzmaurice death in 1954, age 58, same address. So I think that rules out the Christina of Upper Tyrone Street as my Christina.

Old 07-01-22, 08:12
Administrator

I'm not sure if this link will work:

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy....83/1857051.pdf

If not, search Anna Martin b 1893 in the Irish civil records:

https://www.irishgenealogy.ie/en/

The details are:

Entry 353
Date of birth: numererous alterations, finally settling on 24 Dec 1893
Place: Balrothery Workhouse
Forename(s) Anna Christina
Sex: female
Father: Michael Martin, Balrothery Workhouse
Mother: Julia Martin formerly Murphy
Occ of father: Labourer
Registered by: M E McCormick, Occupier Balrothery Workhouse
Date Registered: 30 Dec 1893

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 07-01-22, 08:31
Administrator

Michael Martin and Juia Murphy married in Feb 1893 at Lusk in Balrothery Union. They are both of Balrothery Workhouse, so pretty sure it's the right couple. All occs are labourer. Both father's dec'd (Charles Martin, John Murphy). Witnesses John Reid and Elizabeth Irwin (X).

Clue is that Julia was only 17, Michael was full age.

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 07-01-22, 08:44
Administrator

Hmmm, Julia died in June 1895 aged 20 of phthisis, same place.

I looked at births 1894/5 in Balrothery district, but none were for this couple.

Old 07-01-22, 08:56
Administrator

Michael remarried in Feb 1897 to Margaret Donnelly in the same church as his first marriage. His details are identical except for being a widower and that his father is no longer dead (!). She is full age, spinster, same address (W/H) father John Donnelly, labourer. Witnesses John Davis (X) and Bridget Donnelly.

They had a son John, born 10 Jan 1901 in the same place, who doesn't seem to have died (at least, not in Balrothy) by the date of the census.....

Old 07-01-22, 08:59
Administrator

I really thought that would help!! lol Still looking.....

Old 07-01-22, 09:05
Administrator

They were still together in 1908 in South Dublin where a son was born (mother Maggie Donnelly this time). I note the registration says female, but on the page it says son. No forenames recorded. Michael is still of Balrothery but the baby was born in Hospital, hence the different district. Perhaps the child died?

Old 07-01-22, 09:11
Administrator

I looked at all the 1908 deaths in Dublin, male aged 0. None were for this couple. One was aged 4 despite the index saying 0, so makes me wonder about the others I didn't look at. There were no registrations for unnamed children.