Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Research Questions

Old 06-01-22, 18:18

sorry Olde crone should go to specsavers lol
Old 13-04-22, 13:01

Hi merry I have just had word back from lancashire archives . regarding the birth of william hale as on post 36 . they say there is a catholic birth in ormskirk of a william Hale 1794 . father william mother mary . which is great ,thy mentioned god parents but didn't name them . so i feel this is a break through . But as yet the only marriage i can find is the one in aughton between a mary wilson and william hale . in 1784 . the only other is the one in 1802 , tomary burrows which is too late . what's your thoughts . obviously,they could have married outside that area . ?
Old 13-04-22, 13:23
Administrator

You would need to find out if there are other births to the same parents before William's, and see when the first one was, to see whether the 1784 marriage is likely to be the right one or not.

Family History News updated 29th Feb
Findmypast 1871 census update
Old 13-04-22, 13:57

hi , i will look now to see if there are any . thanks
Old 13-04-22, 14:04

i can't see any for them , but obviously they may once again be under th catholic births in ormskirk . and won't be on the parish clerks . so i won't be able to find them .
Old 13-04-22, 16:05
Administrator

What kiterunner says and see post #44.

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 13-04-22, 21:05

i tried to find births which i thought could link mary and william to other births from 1784 . but as yet not found any that would fit . perhaps it may help to get mary's death certificate . thanks
Old 14-04-22, 07:22

hi ,yes i did find quite a few potential childrens births for william and Mary between 1794/12 and up to 1820. But if this is th correct parents why would william be christened as a catholic and not these children ? how would i then prove a link for siblings of william ? thanks
Old 14-04-22, 08:21
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwackers View Post
hi ,yes i did find quite a few potential childrens births for william and Mary between 1794/12 and up to 1820. But if this is th correct parents why would william be christened as a catholic and not these children ? how would i then prove a link for siblings of william ? thanks
It sounds as if you were searching in C of E records for these children when you shoud have been asking Lancashire archives to look in the Catholic records, particularly for Samuel. The children you found are most likely for a different family.

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 14-04-22, 15:26

lancs archives are looking into a few things at the moment. but they sometimes,they takeaweek to answer . so i will ask once they get back to me. you are saying that you don't think the children i found ,belong to william and Mary ?