Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Research Questions

Old 16-08-16, 16:43
Administrator

There's a thread in sensitive research now (a bit shorter at the moment!), so , Mary, I'll move your last post over there and perhaps any further posts for Reverson could also be posted in SR.

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 16-08-16, 16:44
Administrator

Ah, maybe you are doing it! lol

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 16-08-16, 17:29

Yes, sorry, I cancelled it from this thread and posted it on the other one.
Old 17-08-16, 22:55

Merry - your post no 49: I missed responding to this question on William acting as an executor for a Simmonds - it's from # 22.
Old 18-08-16, 07:29
Administrator

Thanks, Reverson.

I hadn't read back, so had forgotten about that Simmonds connection (if it is a connection!). I will add it to the other thread.

Old 19-08-16, 08:38
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry View Post
I looked on fmp to see if any Reverson was mentioned as an exor in the probate calendar. William was for widow Clara Thomas in 1946. I can't see that her background is connected to his at all - She was born Clara Simmonds 28 Jan 1867 in Bethnal Green, the dau of Henry Francis and Rebecca Simmonds ne Hargood and married William Edward Thomas in 1889. I expect she was just a patient of Dr Reverson's,
I've just realised Clara was living at the same address as William R in 1937 (e-rolls) so perhaps she was his housekeeper. She had been replaced by 1939.

Old 19-08-16, 09:49

Before my time, I fear!

I remember his house, and how he refused to sell, while gim-crack properties went up around him.
Old 30-09-23, 20:29

So much useful information keeps on turning up online that it is helpful to revisit old threads.

William Reverson attended the Simon Langton school for boys from at least 1906, being awarded prizes and honourable mentions at the end of year, and later giving a memorable performance as Mrs Malaprop. As some of his successes were reported in a Whitstable newspaper, this suggests Mary Lewis of Blean was in truth his guardian by this stage.

He volunteered as a soldier in 1915, by which time he must have been living in Crayford as when he returned home on leave in 1916, he was given a hearty welcome by his many friends.