Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Family History General Discussion

Old 10-10-20, 12:28

Default Writing Your Own Story

We spend so much time documenting our Ancestors and going back in time, that recently I decided to document my own life story, apologies it will be boring for some, but its more about documenting things about ourselves before its too late!

I asked my children where did I work when I first left school and neither of them knew the answer, so this prompted my story.

If nothing else, I hope this might prompt us to write about ourselves a bit more.

https://chiddicksfamilytree.com/2020...-school-years/
Old 10-10-20, 13:30
Administrator

Your godparents weren't called Pauline and Jack Connelly, were they?

Just guessing, as I thought maybe they would be similarly aged to your parents and perhaps married around the same time in the same area (longshot, obviously!). That's the only surname for Pauline with Jack, but there are a few more (about 10) surnames if you switch his name to John! Might be worth a look to see if you recognise any of them.

Good story so far. Make sure you reach the here and now! Quite a few of my relations wrote something about themselves, but seemed to give up once they got past the teenage years.

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 10-10-20, 19:26

Thanks Merry and super sleuthing and you’ve given me a big clue, my Aunt, Dads Sister will know the name if I said it, so I’ll suggest the name Connelly to her, see if she remembers it.

Thank you

My Grandad started his story, albeit he was in his 70’s but sadly died before he finished his story, you’ll see Grandads story further down my blog. Hopefully I can bring my story up to date.