Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Family History News and Information

Old 04-04-19, 23:23
Administrator

Default Kent parish registers - findmypast

This is what they say:

We are pleased to announce the online publication of thousands of original Anglican parish registers in partnership with Kent County Council.

The new records have been created from over 3,000 handwritten registers currently held at the Kent History and Library Centre in Maidstone. These registers, covering hundreds parishes across the county, have been scanned and digitised in full colour to ensure the highest possible image quality.

Over 2.6 million fully indexed baptism, banns, marriage and burial records spanning more than 400 years of Kent history are now available to search online exclusively at Findmypast.

Search Kent Records

Today's release builds on an existing partnership between Findmypast and archives in Kent that has already resulted in the online publication of over 2.5 million Canterbury Archdeaconry records held by the Canterbury Cathedral Archives.

These new additions have been merged with Findmypast's existing Canterbury and Kent Family History Society collections to form the most comprehensive online repository of Kent parish registers in the word with over 7.3 million records.

Family History News updated 29th Feb
Findmypast 1871 census update
Old 04-04-19, 23:26
Administrator

At last, New Romney PR images available online without having to go to a FamilySearch Centre! New Romney being where a lot of my ancestors lived. Think I will be taking out a sub tomorrow...

Old 06-04-19, 07:18

I've finally been able to see the parish register for the man who has been falsely accused of but isn't my 4g grandfather.
Old 24-04-20, 09:27
Administrator

They have just added some more parishes. I think they are transcriptions only - from Medway Archives.