Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Research Questions

Old 28-01-22, 18:16

sorry when i read that post i thought you meant that sidney had died as you did mention that it would fit in with his death date , Was there only the grandmother rita and sidney ? on the 1939 register ?
Old 28-01-22, 19:33
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwackers View Post
sorry when i read that post i thought you meant that sidney had died as you did mention that it would fit in with his death date
I did mean he had died, otherwise he would be aged over 110 by now! Clearly he can't have died before he was born though!!

I said:

Quote:
Sidney Burrows b 6 June 1911 (ie son of Henry and EE Burrows, dob one year off when compared with his death reg - 1910 woud fit with his birth reg/1911 census)
The date being one year off when compared with his death registration suggests he died after 1969 because before that you wouldn't have a date to compare with. His date of birth given when he died matches with when his birth was registered, unike the 1939 register dob which was June 1911 when it should have said June 1910.

This is his death registration. It's also one day off which is quite a common mistake.

Name: Sidney Burrows
Death Age: 81
Birth Date: 7 Jun 1910
Registration Date: Feb 1992
Registration District: St Helens
Inferred County: Merseyside
Volume: 37
Page: 122

Quote:
Was there only the grandmother rita and sidney ? on the 1939 register ?
No. You have already mentioned what I found:

Quote:
merry ,you said in post 197 that on the 1939 register you saw rita and sidney and there were a few others you couldn't see .
I'd be surprised if I'd told you 'a few others' and not an exact number, so, I've looked it up again. Wish I'd remembered the surname was incorrectly spelled! There are three blanked out entries.

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 29-01-22, 05:02

yes your right you said there were three others on there but they were hidden in post 197 . but if they are blanked out , we will never know , but thanks for your help .
Old 29-01-22, 08:45
Administrator

Quote:
but if they are blanked out , we will never know
Sorry, no, that's not correct - I just presumed you knew why they were covered over. The details are not released until either 100 years have passed since the dob given or until a death record has been matched with an entry, in which case it can be opened earlier.

If two of these redacted entries are the children you have seen the birth registrations for, the first one should be uncovered very soon as his birth was registered Q1 1922. The second should be uncovered in three years time. Both of these could be brought forward if you have proof of their deaths and the children concerned are in that household. The entries may also be opened if FMP find a match between a death record and a 1939 Register entry. FMP do most of the work on this and Ancestry only update once a year so it's best to use FMP for this database.

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 29-01-22, 08:45

Was their address still in st. helens on the 1939 register ?
Old 29-01-22, 08:47

sorry i wrote that before i saw your last post , very interesting didn't know about the records being held for such a long time .
Old 29-01-22, 08:51
Administrator

Quote:
could sidney be the grandmother ? are am i barking up the wrong tree . ?
You mean Sidna/Sydna not Sidney. See post #155 onwards.

Old 29-01-22, 08:52
Administrator

Quote:
Was their address still in st. helens on the 1939 register ?
171 Chancery Lane, St Helens

Old 29-01-22, 10:30
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry View Post
Sorry, no, that's not correct - I just presumed you knew why they were covered over. The details are not released until either 100 years have passed since the dob given or until a death record has been matched with an entry, in which case it can be opened earlier.

If two of these redacted entries are the children you have seen the birth registrations for, the first one should be uncovered very soon as his birth was registered Q1 1922. The second should be uncovered in three years time. Both of these could be brought forward if you have proof of their deaths and the children concerned are in that household. The entries may also be opened if FMP find a match between a death record and a 1939 Register entry. FMP do most of the work on this and Ancestry only update once a year so it's best to use FMP for this database.
Merry, as far as I know, the automatic matching of closed 1939 Register entries against death records was a one-off thing and they are not planning any more such processes. Hopefully that is the case, since they made so many mistakes when they did it.

Family History News updated 29th Feb
Findmypast 1871 census update
Old 29-01-22, 16:39
Administrator

Good point. Yes, they were pretty hopeless!!