Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Research Questions

Old 09-03-14, 10:35
Administrator

If it says William Hairyes senior (I wasn't sure if that's what you meant by srn?) then they would have to know there was a William Hairyes junior. How many William Hairyes' could they know about?

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 09-03-14, 10:38
Administrator

Do we know for sure that William Hairyes jr didn't have a son called William, which would have made him William Hairyes sr in his turn?

Family History News updated 29th Feb
Findmypast 1871 census update
Old 09-03-14, 10:51
Administrator

I can't remember offhand!

Wm b 1872 married 1898 and died 1906 (from reading up yesterday, so those might be approx.!)

Can't instantly see him in 1901.

I think it was his brother Henry who went to US (married a Clara Hargreaves?) so I would imagine it's the descendants of henry who have the photos.

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 09-03-14, 10:53
Administrator

Wm married Clara Robinson in 1898 and she seems to have died in 1899, so not a lot of scope for children.

Old 09-03-14, 10:55
Administrator

Looks like Wm and Clara had a dau Ivy who was registered for death the same Q as her mother.

Old 09-03-14, 12:03
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiterunner View Post
Do we know for sure that William Hairyes jr didn't have a son called William, which would have made him William Hairyes sr in his turn?
So, we have Wm b 1830 with a son Wm b 1872.

We also have Henry who went to America. He had a son Wm b 1892:

US 1890 census
Hairyes Willie Son White Male Oct 1892 7 Single Massachusetts England England Auburn, Worcester, Massachusetts

This William (Willie) could have had a son William (don't know if he did though), making him Wm senr too, but I can't date that photo to fit with a man b 1892 any more than I can make it fit with a man b 1830!

I suppose it would be useful to know who else is in the box of photos. Did thy tell you that, Zoe?

Old 09-03-14, 16:12

Hi the other photo was of williams son henry as a baby. my family told me again just now that the photograph is of william hairyes (my gre gre gre grandfather)not any other William Hairyes. so im going to accect it and enjoy it.its a great find by my family so im really happy. .im just going to belive what they have told me.if thats ok? theyve done suppurbly well even to find the photograph. thankyou once again, for your brilliant work,have a nice day
Old 09-03-14, 16:44
Administrator

Oh, I was imagining a box with dozens of photos in it!

Do you mean the 1859 Henry?

Old 18-03-14, 12:42

Hi Merry and everyone. after all the great work and excllent research you did on the family research I have to share this news with you today I was sent 2 more photgraphs this time from an old chest in a 96 year old relative from millbury,mass. USA- John and rebecca my gre gre grandparents, and elizabeth hairyes my gre gre gre grandmother. william hairyes wife. im so happy I coulnt have found them without your help

Last edited by zoenel; 18-03-14 at 13:18.
Old 18-03-14, 12:44

I meant I coulnt find them with out your help. thankyou !