Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Members' Direct Ancestors > Take One 2xGreat-Grandparent

Old 07-12-10, 11:15

Still no luck with the 1851, but after you lot looking as well I think it's worth giving up on that for a few more years!

But her mother............ why did Wilhelmina sign herself as Versigny De Vere on one occasion????? Could that be the clue????
Old 07-12-10, 15:16
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue at the seaside View Post
Just a little update- someone else has made contact via ancestry and has all the info we managed to find! but also has a very readable document from the port of London Authority say that Napoleon Versigny arrived with his daughter. An extremely good likely hood that this is our family bearing in mind the family link to Napoleon, which my new contact has confimed. Just need to find her in 1851 now and her mother.
So that doc is the same date as the other one found previously that didn't give Monsieur Versigny's first name.

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 07-12-10, 20:48

Yes Merry, 12th Oct 1849. When I looked on Ancestry yesterday there seems to be 2 entries now, but as I don't have worldwide I can't check them out. But I think that's them. one as M. Versigny and the other Napoleon Versigny.
My new contact found this thread via Google, and lives in the same county as us! small world.
Old 08-12-10, 07:27

Morning Sue & Merry

Forgive any errors as I am new to this site, I was given this information recently but try as I might even after enrolling I cant seem to get anywhere, have you seen this before I believe it is a free site?.

http://www.oise.fr/Recensements_de_p...ion.930.0.html

Firstly as Bill pointed out the censuses are in French! For those who don't speak or read French the Google Toolbar has a translate button.

If not these are the steps to follow:

1. On the orange balloon thing in the top right hand corner there is Je M'inscris (register)
Click on that - and enter your details

vous etes Parcticulier, Association, Elu
prenom - first name
nom - surname
e-mail - err e-mail :>)

Mot de passe (password)
Confirmer le mot de passe - confirm password
annuler (cancel)
creer mon compte (create my account) confirmation will be sent to your email address which you have to confirm

once you've done that then the next time you visit you only have to put your e-mail address in and password

On the right hand side there is a lime green button - services cuturel
click on Consulter les archives departementales (Consult departmental archives)
on the right again there is an orange box

Etat Civil (baptisms marriages burials)
Sont consultables en ligne les actes de baptêmes, mariages et sépultures (BMS) des registres paroissiaux (jusqu’en 1792), les actes de naissances, mariages et décès (NMD) des registres d’état civil de la période 1792-1902 (limite variable selon la composition des registres), ainsi que les tables décennales (TD) de la période 1803-1902.

Les registres d’état civil de la période 1903-1934, dont les références figurent dans la base, ne seront pas numérisés dans l’immédiat. Ils ne peuvent être consultés que dans notre salle de lecture à Beauvais. Ils ne pourraient, en tout état de cause, être mis en ligne sur Internet en vertu d’une recommandation de la Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés (CNIL).

Are available online acts of baptisms, marriages and burials (BMS) parish registers ( until 1792) , acts of births, marriages and deaths (NMD) Vital records of the period 1792-1902 (the limit varies depending on the composition of the registers) , and the decennial tables (TD) for the period 1803-1902 .

Vital Records of the period 1903-1934 , the references contained in the database , will not be scanned immediately . They can be viewed in our reading room at Beauvais . They would not, in any event , be posted on the Internet under a recommendation from the Commission Nationale Informatique et Libertés ( CNIL).

To access documents, choose a town from the dropdown menu , then click " Search " . In the results grid that appears , select the row corresponding to the time-span of interest.

Pour accéder aux actes, choisissez une commune dans le menu déroulant puis cliquez sur « Rechercher ». Dans la grille de résultats qui s’affiche, sélectionnez la ligne correspondant à la tranche chronologique qui vous intéresse.

Recensements de population (census)

Listes nominatives des habitants des communes de l’Oise établies tous les cinq ans de 1831 à 1931 (pour certaines communes des listes existent également pour 1806, 1820 et 1826).

Choisissez une commune dans le menu déroulant et, éventuellement, une année. Cliquez ensuite sur Rechercher. Dans la grille de résultats qui s’affiche, sélectionnez la ligne correspondant au recensement qui vous intéresse de façon à ouvrir la fenêtre de visualisation. Les listes nominatives sont établies topographiquement, c'est-à-dire rue par rue.Listes nominatives des habitants des communes de l’Oise établies tous les cinq ans de 1831 à 1931 (pour certaines communes des listes existent également pour 1806, 1820 et 1826).

Lists of names of residents of municipalities of the Oise compiled every five years from 1831 to 1931 ( for some common lists also exist for 1806 , 1820 and 1826) .

Choose a municipality in the dropdown menu and , possibly, annually. Then click Search. In the results grid that appears, select the row you are interested in the census so as to open the preview window . The lists of names are drawn geographically , that is to say, street by street.

Bye for now Lorna
Old 08-12-10, 11:46

Welcome to the site Lorna, Haven't worked out what sort of cousins we are, but we are of some sort!

That last post will take a bit of getting my head around! perhaps I'll leave that bit to you.

EDIT
Just tried to calculate our relationship, think we are 3rd cousins!

Last edited by Sue at the seaside; 08-12-10 at 11:50.
Old 08-12-10, 19:43
tenterfieldjulie

Hi Lorna, Welcome. Many thanks for that information re using the French site. All that information could come in very handy in the future. Julie (also for the sticks)
Old 09-12-10, 09:01

Hello Lorna.. Welcome to GF.

Thanks for that info. I have someone who married in Paris in 1848 but we've never found her death. Unfortunately, I have been busy in the garden all day and out tonight, so my brain isn't great.

Maybe Julie can work it out for me....lol
Old 09-12-10, 11:56

Libby, it looks as this site only covers the Oise district, not the Paris district.
Old 09-12-10, 21:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary from Italy View Post
Libby, it looks as this site only covers the Oise district, not the Paris district.

But we don't know exactly where she died............lol

I can't even find when her husband died..
Old 10-12-10, 06:16
tenterfieldjulie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrysMum View Post
Hello Lorna.. Welcome to GF.

Maybe Julie can work it out for me....lol
Lorna - Beware - Libby's sense of humour is laughable lol

Tags
to2g27