Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Research Questions

Old 22-07-20, 15:41

Hi ,Ive just got this back from the lancashire archives .Thank you for your enquiry

I have checked the film for the years 1794, 1795 & 1796. I haven't found an entry for a William Hale but I found one for William Hall son of William and Martha (nee Harrison) on 28 Feb 1796. (DDX 241/26) Does this mean that is name was written as hall or is it not him .You may understand better than I . I didn't mention is burial as we had found the date and name . so that was correct . Let me know what you think Thanks
Old 22-07-20, 18:20
Administrator

Is the email referring to St Anne's Ormskirk?

I would imagine the archivist thinks the entry with mmn Harrison reads as surname Hall not Hale. Have you looked to see if there's a marriage to back this up?

I take it they only searched those three years.

I don't understand what you mean about the burial.

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 23-07-20, 08:49

Hi yes they searched those dates only for his birth , as we found his burial at ormskirk , where it mentioned he was roman catholic yes that' st annes as that what the micro fiche referred to catholic births in ormskirk. I have done some searching and as yet I haven't found martha Harrison . but will have another look .
Old 23-07-20, 10:16
Administrator

I appreciate they could only do ten minutes for free, but threee years is quite a tight time-frame to check for his baptism.

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 23-07-20, 15:56

hi. i could ask for another time frame on the fiche if tryout think it will help . let me know i can ask ,they can only say no .
Old 23-07-20, 17:36
Administrator

Yes, you could try, but I'd be surprised if they agreed. After all, why would anyone pay if you can keep getting 10 free minutes?!

Old 23-07-20, 17:40
Administrator

That entry they already found could be him - you would want to look through for other children of the same couple and see what the surname is on those.

Family History News updated 29th Feb
Findmypast 1871 census update
Old 23-07-20, 17:45
Administrator

And you also need to look back at post #44 as that shows a lot of other stuff you needed to look for at that church!

Old 24-07-20, 06:42

Hi , I have sent another message to the archives asking if they could also have a look at the records around tha early 1800 s for samuel Hale . I'll let you know what they say. I will look to see if we can see the couple mentioned by them , With children .
Old 24-07-20, 08:46

I've tried to search for a marriage for martha harrison ,to either a hall or hale but at the moment can't find one . the only martha harrison i can find at the moment is one birth in Halsall in 1760 that may be too early ,father william . halsall is about half mile from ormskirk as i know it well .