Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Members' Direct Ancestors > Take One 2xGreat-Grandparent

Old 17-01-10, 20:54

Default Alice Violet Connelly (formerly Arnold) FFFM

Name - "official" name and what they were known as - Alice Violet Arnold, although birth was only registered as Alice Arnold.
Date and place of birth - 5th February 1862 at 23 Hill Street, Knightsbridge, MiddlesexNames of parents - George Arnold and Hannah (Moffitt)
Date and place of baptism - unknown
Details of each of his or her marriages - married Thomas Connelly 10th January 1886 in St Luke's, Hackney, MiddlesexOccupation(s) - housewife and barmaid (she worked in the pub where she met my GG grandad.)She also helped my Great great Grandad in his tie making business
Addresses where they lived - and please list which censuses you have or haven't found him/her on. Lived all over the place, but Windsor Road in Leyton and Wenvoe Terrace in Barry.
Date, place and cause of death -30th September 1934 at 33 Wenvoe Terrace, Barry from Uraemia, chronioc interstisial nephritis
Date and place of burial - buried City of London Cemetery on 3rd October 1934
Details of will / administration of their estate - not applicable
Memorial inscription - In Loving Memory of Alice Violet Connelly who fell asleep Sept 30th 1934 aged 72 years. "A Faithful Friend A Mother Dear A Loving Wife Lies Sleeping Here."

Alice on the beach!
Old 15-10-12, 22:14

Tom
This is a lovely photograph of Alice Violet but I wanted to tell you that if you go to the website The Old Colonist's Register: Auckland Library and look for the manuscript papers of George Grey, search (1) Moffitt and (2) Dentist, you will find a letter regarding Charles Henry Moffitt and his wife Harriet in 1849 when Harriet arrived in New Zealand.
Joy
Old 28-10-12, 22:06

Hi Joy,
Thanks for this.

I am not sure what website you mean as all those I try I cannot find the letter you mean.

Do you have the link please?

Many thanks,
Tom

Tags
to2g1