Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Family History General Discussion

Old 09-09-13, 20:44

Thanks, Nell - nice to see you
Old 09-09-13, 21:36

Asa
I still can't find his baptism for you but here are the details from his marriage licence

William Williamson, labourer, aged 19, from Lidlington, married with consent of Father at Husborne Crawley on the 9th February 1781.
Sarah Beal, aged 19, with consent from Mother
Surety was William Chapman victualler of Aspley Guise

Regards
Mary
Old 10-09-13, 03:34

What a wonderful find Asa. So very happy for you. Breakthroughs are wonderful.
Old 10-09-13, 06:38

Thanks, Kit

Mary, thank you very much for that - obviously his age at burial is quite a way out or is mistranscribed. That's a great piece of info
Old 10-09-13, 07:11

Mary, I think his baptism is on the IGI - William, son of Lawrence and Ann 18 Sep 1761 at Felmersham. William and his second wife had twin sons in 1788 and one of them was Lawrence
Old 10-09-13, 16:16

Asa

Lawrence Williamson married Ann Henman at Felmesham on the 28th November 1757.

It would make sense Lawrence was buried at Pavenham on the 15th June 1816 aged 86.
Ann wife of Lawrence was also buried at Pavenham on the 15th March 1777.
Lawrence then re-married
Lawrence Williamson widower married Ann Stamor widow at Pavenham on the 29th January 1781

Looking at my marriage database there were a lot of Lawrence Williamson's going back. maybe a bit of a family name?
Regards
Mary
Old 10-09-13, 18:32

Thank you Mary- that's a big help. My Lawrence would seem to be the son of Judith and baptised at Oakley. His eldest daughter was Judith. Lawrence is a rare enough name for it to be likely that they're all connected somewhere.
Old 10-09-13, 20:24
Joy Dean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asa View Post
But very chuffed. I started tracing my mum's paternal tree 25 years or so ago and because they'd pretty much stayed in Berkshire, where I grew up, I was able to trace the line back to the early C18th with ease. I couldn't find a baptism for my seven x great grandfather or an apprentice record or mention of him in a will although I gathered a lot of info about other people with the surname, common in that area.

I thought I'd pretty much done what I could do with the family in C18th Berks but I've got a sub with the genealogist at the moment which includes access to PCC wills. I came across a will from 1780 in the area and the fellow only turns out to be a presumably younger brother of my 7x great grandfather and he names - over several now transcribed pages - three other deceased brothers (whose families I have notes on), two sisters (who both left wills!), twenty nephews and nieces and even some great nephews and nieces. I've now found an apprentice record for one of the brothers which names the widowed mother so I have so much more work to do, including a trip or two back to Berks RO.

My mum and my OH have been informed of my joy but was a tad underwhelmed as they're not genealogically minded so had to share on here
Excellent! I'm very pleased that you have shared here.