Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Research Questions

Old 25-07-20, 11:17
Administrator

Good point, but he's supposed to have been born about 1795. I suppose his brother (if that is his brother in post #44), could have made the cut!

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 25-07-20, 11:39

Sorry, I fixed on the marriage date!

OC
Old 29-07-20, 15:13

Hi ,i'm sorry , lancashire archives are closed again and i don't know when i will get a answer now so we will have to wait to see if we can find william or maybe a brother of his .
Old 23-09-20, 09:17

Hi Merry hope your ok . I have just come across what could be a clue of a relative of william Hale . on the marriage of william eccleston and ann Grimshaw in Skelmersdale . I noticed the witnesses were james burrows williams brother and there was a louisa Hale . So I looked to see if I could find a marriage for Louisa and found a marriage in 1898 to a joseph simpkin it says her father was samuel Hale . just thought there could be a connection to the family .What do you think ?
Old 23-09-20, 09:25
Administrator

I think I need a lie down after wasting all that time on Richard Robinson!

I have no idea who William Hale is. You don't know if the witness, Louisa Hale, was married or single either, so lots of work to do.

Edit : I've just realised this is a different thread to the one I thought I was on (Robinson). I really don't want to have to read 100 posts to work out what you think I know, so perhaps a quick summary?

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 23-09-20, 10:07
Administrator

Quote:
So I looked to see if I could find a marriage for Louisa and found a marriage in 1898 to a joseph simpkin it says her father was samuel Hale .

You forgot to mention Samuel Hale was a carter and dec'd by 1898 and her age was 26, all of which which might help.

From the 1911 census, Louisa Simpkin married 13 years aged 38 b St Helens. Also in the house is Ellen Hale aged 80 b Ormskirk. She is described as Mother (of the head, Joseph), but she may well be Louisa's mother.

I won't look any more until you have confirmed if you now know who they are. This Louisa doesn't have to be the witness on the 1894? marriage, just the person wh married in 1898.

Old 23-09-20, 10:37

hi ,i was just seeing her name on the marriage at skelmersdale and wondering if she was a relative To the hales . from Jane Hale (robinson ) usually you may pick a relative as a witness . She may not have anything to do with them , but i always try to look out of the box . As she is a witness . on the marriage of william and ann grimshaw .
Old 23-09-20, 10:42
Administrator

Actually, I should have compared the sigs on the marriages first! They are extremely similar, so very likely to be the same person.

HALE, LOUISA HARRISON
GRO Reference: 1872 S Quarter in PRESCOT Volume 08B Page 632

Samuel Hale
Marriage 11 Aug 1851 Ormskirk Ellen Harrison

Samuel's father William Hale weaver. Ellen's father James Harrison, may also say weaver?

Old 23-09-20, 10:45
Administrator

So you do know who Samuel is as he is on this thread already. Post #33 and others just before.

Old 06-01-22, 09:35

Hi , I refer to post 15 William hale born approx 1795 lancashire . I never established his birth A tree owner of the simpkins from sam Hale who was one of william and esther chamberlains children Has sent me a screenshot of the ancestors from william Hale on it ,it is saying that william Hale was born in Maghull in 1797 father thomas mother cicely . I don't know if it is correct are not as yet as i'm still waiting for word back from the owner of the tree who lives in america . The tree is on ancestry and i'm not a member so i can't view it . I believe that the couple Thomas and cicely had a few children besides william Is there any way i can do my own investigation with regards to siblings etc . ? thanks