Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Research Questions

Old 19-09-17, 11:09

Default Muldoon/Queen

Hi,

I am looking for any documentation or information on my grandfather.

Harry Muldoon Queen
His parents were Sarah & Harry Muldoon.

He had other siblings:
- Catherine
- Robert
- Peter
- Jimmy
names removed in case still living

He died at the age of 66.
Married Agnes Queen.

Can someone please help me out, would love to find his mother & father.

Last edited by kiterunner; 20-05-18 at 14:52. Reason: put Robert's name back in
Old 19-09-17, 13:02
Administrator

His birth registration is listed on the website Scotland's People - born in Paisley, 1927. But because he was born less than 100 years ago, his birth certificate (or "extract") is not available to view / download on there; you would have to order it (there is a button on Scotland's People that you can click to do that, and it costs £12.

Or do you already have his birth certificate? Or would someone else in your family have it? It would give us Sarah's maiden name, plus Harry sr's occupation, and more info. If you haven't got access to a copy without paying, we might be able to figure the information out another way, though, so don't order it right away!

His death registration is also listed on Scotland's People, in 1994, age 66, in Paisley, same story as regards the certificate. And his marriage in 1956, in Paisley, and again, you would need to order the certificate as it is too recent to be available to view online.

Can you please confirm that his wife and his siblings are all deceased or have given their consent for their names to be posted on here, as our forum rules say not to post living people's details without their consent? I have temporarily removed the names but can put them back in when you have answered this.

(The marriage entry does give the full name of Harry Muldoon Queen's wife, but I won't post it up yet as I can't see a definite death record for her. You could find it with a free search on Scotland's People, though.)

Family History News updated 29th Feb
Findmypast 1871 census update
Old 19-09-17, 13:16
Administrator

Hmm, are you sure about his father's name? Scotland's People has the marriage of a James Hunter Queen and a Sarah Ferguson Muldoon in Paisley in 1926.

Putting mother's maiden name Muldoon into the search for Harry Muldoon Queen's death record still brings back the record, confirming that the MMN was Muldoon.

There are two other deaths with surname Queen and mother's maiden name Muldoon, which look likely to be two of Harry's siblings (so I will put their names back into your post!):

Peter Queen, in Inverness in 2008, age 82 (so he would have been born about 1926) and Catherine Fergu[son] Queen, in Barrhead in 2015, age 81 (so she would have been born about 1934.)

Old 19-09-17, 13:21
Administrator

Peter Queen's birth registration is on Scotland's People (SP for short) - 1926, Paisley. Also Catherine Fergu[son] Queen 1933 Paisley.

Old 19-09-17, 13:37
Administrator

James Hunter Queen died 1950 in Paisley, age 50, and Sarah Ferguson Queen (other surname Muldoon) died 1991 also in Paisley, age 88.

There is also a James Hunter Queen death in England - Nov 1998 Stockport district, date of birth 24 Dec 1928. I assume this is the brother Jimmy who you mentioned in your post, as there is a matching birth on SP, so I will put his name back in.

Old 19-09-17, 14:02
Administrator

Ancestry has a Royal Navy record for James Hunter Queen born 12 Jan 1900 Glasgow:
https://www.ancestry.co.uk/interacti...nSearchResults

He joined as a boy, age 15, and then it says he enlisted as an adult from 1918 to serve for 12 years. I'm not sure what all the notes on the page mean, so I'm not sure whether he actually stayed in the navy for the full term. He also comes up in the Navy records on Findmypast but I don't know whether it is just the same document on there.

Old 20-09-17, 21:21

Hi Kiterunner,

All are dead par 1, who is in a home.

Thanks for following this up.

I will probably buy his cert, but I live in Australia and it usually takes me a good month plus to get them.

I am more interested in his brother, who apparently was half-brother, believed the name to be Robert, disappeared due to Harry's mum having a baby while the father was away at war. It is believed Robert went to the army or America. It is believed Robert is dead.

Last edited by mitchey89; 20-09-17 at 22:10.
Old 20-09-17, 21:23

Harry Muldoon Queen's wife, died in 2016, December.

Can you post it up or internally message me this?

Last edited by mitchey89; 20-09-17 at 22:09.
Old 20-09-17, 22:37
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchey89 View Post
Harry Muldoon Queen's wife, died in 2016, December.

Can you post it up or internally message me this?
Her name on the marriage index was Agnes Wilson Johnstone.

Old 20-09-17, 22:49
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchey89 View Post
I am more interested in his brother, who apparently was half-brother, believed the name to be Robert, disappeared due to Harry's mum having a baby while the father was away at war. It is believed Robert went to the army or America. It is believed Robert is dead.
Unfortunately you can't search births by mother's maiden name on SP. There are no Robert Queen births in Paisley between 1926 and 1953. There are plenty of Robert Queen births in that time frame in other places, and eight of those are between 1939 and 1946 (if he was conceived during WW2.) I won't give more details on those on here as many of them are probably still alive, but you can look it up on SP - it is free to view lists of search results on there now, though you still have to pay to view the actual records.