Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Members' Direct Ancestors > Take Two 5xGreat-Grandparents

Old 22-03-13, 08:35

Default Mary Ross FMFMMFM

Name
Mary Ross

Date and place of birth
An Ancestry online tree has her birth as follows:
16 Apr 1729 in Standing Stones, Maryculter, Kincardineshire, Scotland

I haven't verified or disproved this.l

Names of parents
Alexander Ross and Henrietta Mores according to an Ancestry tree.
I need to investigate
!

Date and place of baptism

Details of each of his or her marriages
Husband called Charles Laurie

Occupation(s)

Addresses where they lived (including county if in UK)
Kincardineshire, Scotland

Date, place and cause of death

Date and place of burial

Details of will / administration of their estate

Memorial inscription

link to son James Laurie
http://www.genealogistsforum.co.uk/f...t=James+Laurie

I haven't researched this. It's information that came to light when I posted James Laurie's thread thanks to Shona, and I need to investigate further.
Old 22-03-13, 13:23

Checking on FS, Alexander Ross and Henrietta Mores/Morice had the following children in Maryculter.

- John, b 16 Feb 1716, bapt 16 Feb 1716, parents Alexr Ross and Henrieta Morice

- Margrat, b 25 Nov 1717, bapt 28 Nov 1717, parents Alexr Rose and Henreta Mores

- William, b 4 Dec 1719, bapt 7 Dec 1719, parents Allexander Ross and Henrieta Mores

- Kathrine, b 31 Jan 1722, bapt 4 Feb 1722, parents Alexander Ross and Henrieta Mores

- Andrew, b 19 Aug 1724, bapt 19 Aug 1724, parents Alexander Ross and Henrieta Mores

- Elisabeth, 18 Sept 1726, bapt 25 Sept 1726, parents Alexander Ross and Henrieta Mores

- Christan, b 17 May 1731, bapt 19 May 1731, parents Alexr Ross and Henreta Morice

- Mary Ross, b 16 April 1729, bapt 17 April 1729, parents Alexander Ross and Henrieta Mores

- James, b 13 May 1733, bapt 13 May 1733, parents Alexander Ross and Henreta Morice
Old 22-03-13, 16:13

Many thanks again, Shona. I'll have to research this line further. I've got visitors at the moment so it's on my to do list.
Old 22-03-13, 17:07

You're welcome. I've been stumped for the past few weeks thanks to great-gran's father not being named anywhere and not being able to find the right McLean in a sea of McLeans with another branch.
Old 23-03-13, 09:07
tenterfieldjulie

They are probably awol with my John Jaffrey/Ellen Thompson who disappeared in the wilds of Roxburgh .. Shona .. rotters lol Julie

Last edited by tenterfieldjulie; 23-03-13 at 09:20.
Old 23-03-13, 09:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
You're welcome. I've been stumped for the past few weeks thanks to great-gran's father not being named anywhere and not being able to find the right McLean in a sea of McLeans with another branch.
Shona, I do sympathise. I'm perfectly happy researching my English branches, but the Scottish ones give me real headaches. I have rather a love/hate relationship with Scotland's People and don't know that many other sites.
Old 23-03-13, 09:23
tenterfieldjulie

I'm the same Elizabeth .. should be able to find them and found them in 1841 but not sure if my Elizabeth is with her father, grandfather or great grandfather .. and then she is on her own in 1851 and then she migrates in 1855 her parents are supposedly dead .... but not sure where .. I was in contact with a Border Forum but they couldn't really give me any ideas .. I would love to know of a good research person on the Borders??? Julie
Old 23-03-13, 10:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenterfieldjulie View Post
I'm the same Elizabeth .. should be able to find them and found them in 1841 but not sure if my Elizabeth is with her father, grandfather or great grandfather .. and then she is on her own in 1851 and then she migrates in 1855 her parents are supposedly dead .... but not sure where .. I was in contact with a Border Forum but they couldn't really give me any ideas .. I would love to know of a good research person on the Borders??? Julie
I'm snowbound today, so happy to help people out with Scottish stuff. I have a subscription with Scotland's Places, so can always hunt for your people there. Send me a PM and I'll see what I can discover.
Old 23-03-13, 10:09
tenterfieldjulie

You are a doll Shona.. I'll go track the threads down and what else I can find .. ooh goodie.. Many thanks.. Julie
Old 23-03-13, 10:25

Just checking - it's John Jaffrey and Ellen Thompson? You mentioned Elizabeth. Ellen can turn up as Helen and Nelly. Jaffrey has a number of variants, inc Jeffrey, Japhray, etc.

I've already found a Jaffrey family in Ednam, Roxburgh, which looks good.

Tags
tt5g15