Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Research Questions

Old 19-09-15, 10:41

Thanks Merry, I too was trying to get a Frances/Kate/Webb/Turner marriage to fit too.

I was wondering about America. If Margaret wasn't registered (in this country) and neither her nor her mother seem to be here in 1911, could they have left the country? There seem to be a number of Lacey Turners in the US (though they could be girls). Have just found Eleanor's brother George dying in NY in 1971.

Also there is in Esher in 1911 an Arthur Clift, born in America. So I have no evidence that he is any relation, but Clift isn't the commonest name, so it seemed a bit of a coincidence.

Really grabbing at straws now

Last edited by Terri; 19-09-15 at 10:44.
Old 19-09-15, 10:52

To find the needle in the haystack, you have to grab a few straws, Terri!
Old 19-09-15, 11:08
Administrator

Another Q.... If Fred L Turner b 1912 is the same person as Lacey Turner who married Marg Clift, isn't it wrong that he appears on the electoral rolls in 1930 when at best he would have been 18? (I had imagined people wouldn't appear until they were 21, but don't know if that's correct? My son filled up an e-roll form the other day because he has turned 16)

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 19-09-15, 12:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry View Post
Another Q.... If Fred L Turner b 1912 is the same person as Lacey Turner who married Marg Clift, isn't it wrong that he appears on the electoral rolls in 1930 when at best he would have been 18? (I had imagined people wouldn't appear until they were 21, but don't know if that's correct? My son filled up an e-roll form the other day because he has turned 16)
I reckon that's true Merry. I think we might have to dump that straw. Had a search for Lacey in the US, but they all seem to be female. Obviously there are probably hundreds of Frederick Turners, and with no birth date he is impossible to pin down. But I couldn't find any sign of Margaret or Eleanor there either.

This is really starting to get on my nerves now!! Talk about elusive!
Old 19-09-15, 16:09
Administrator

And remember, his death informant thought he was English! As he lived here probably into his 50s (Shona's passenger list find) he might well have retained his accent whilst living in Oz.

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 19-09-15, 16:17
Administrator

Do we know for sure that the Lacey who married Celia is the same one who married Margaret?

Family History News updated 29th Feb
Findmypast 1871 census update
Old 19-09-15, 18:30

Yes Kate, as sure as we can possibly be.