Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Research Questions

Old 08-01-12, 10:45

Yes Merry, I seen this...but I am trying to see if any came to Garston, - ie , where Francis was from....before he came to Garston .......normally ,I wouldn`t interfere / comment as to whether Francis was connected to Wendy`s Wilsons...but Wendy and I have the same 3 x g grandparents from Garston - and as a child we were told the Wilson were distant relations...there are No Wilson in my family - but - my gg grandmother Sophia Sacht had a sister Adelaide Sacht....she married a Boyle , and I think the Wilson connection is through Joseph Boyle...hence the "distant relation" to me - but a direct ancestor to Wendy....allan
Old 30-01-12, 18:40

I received a reply from the RO about Margaret (greatly appreciated even though it may have been disappointing) and seems I will have to find a new angle - see extract below:

"We do have the records of the Liverpool Juvenile Reformatory Association 1855-1956 (ref. DDX 824), which includes a Girls' Reformatory, Liverpool. The only records we have for this school are as follows:

DDX 824/4/1 Admission Register Girls; Boys - Heswall and Toxteth Park Reformatory for Girls, 7 Jan 1892-26 Sep 1921; 14 Apr 1929-16 Jun 1939

Unfortunately, this register is too late for your purposes. We also have some plans of the school, also known as Girls' Reformatory, Mount Vernon Green, Liverpool, in the records of Culshaw and Sumners, architects and surveyors of Liverpool (ref. 162), but these won't answer your question.

You could try contacting Liverpool Record Office, http://www.liverpool.gov.uk/, although a search of the National Register of Archives (NRA) at www.nationalarchives.gov.uk has not shown any records held elsewhere."

Any pointers?
Old 30-01-12, 19:14

Ah, that's a bit of a blow, Wendy.........
Old 30-01-12, 19:46
Administrator

About normal though. I have never found a family member in an institution before 1900 where the right records have survived Evan down to Trysull W/H where there was only two years of stuff missing out of many decades, and that was exactly the time OH's relative was in there

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 31-01-12, 18:13

It was worth a shot though.......Thanks to all for the assistance.