Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Research Questions

Old 14-08-13, 21:53

Well, I'm on cloud nine. I now have access to the Morley website, and earlier today I was accessing lots of PRs on Ancestry for Heptonstall and area.

The Morley website is fantastic, and I feel privileged to have access to it.
It has the transcription of the headstone of Henry and Betty Pollard and so much more. Just wonderful.
Old 14-08-13, 22:02
tenterfieldjulie

Well done Liza, just thought I'd add that it is very easy to get lost in that area lol .. I became quite experienced at it .. in fact I was rather bemused when I used to find my way home .. shattered but pleased lol .. Julie
Old 14-08-13, 22:04

I've been thinking of you, Julie, as I'm sure I'm coming across some of your ancestors in my travels through the PRs.

What are your surnames in that area?
Old 14-08-13, 22:20
tenterfieldjulie

Hi Liza, The name Pogson is on two lines, traced both (only through BDMs) to 1780s - one line associated with Ripponden, Marsden/Almondbury, & Scammonden. A death in 1780 gives her address as Darby, Ing, Rishworth (an area I kept getting lost and found -dipping in and out of steep valleys and ridges.) Other names are Garside associated with Elland; Stotts are from Lancs, as are Woodheads, but the wife is another Pogson and her line is Almondbury/Slaithwaite .. lots are Non-Coms. Julie
Old 14-08-13, 22:25

Julie, I'll keep my eyes open for them. I still have trouble getting my head round the geography of the area, but I'm getting better!

This line of mine had the children baptised C of E but I wouldn't have found the burials easily because they wer Wesleyan Methodist.

When are you off to Perth?
Old 14-08-13, 22:32
tenterfieldjulie

Thanks Liza. Going to Perth on the 28th, flying from Bris, so will probably go up the night before. Not enough hours in day at the moment having been away so much .. We are having extremely mild weather .. garden going mad. Cheers. Julie (Looking forward to next year OS)
Old 15-08-13, 08:16

Have a safe trip, Julie. I'd love to go back to Perth. My cousin in Sawyer's Valley has become a grandfather for the third time, so more twigs on the tree!
So looking forward to next year!