Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Family History News and Information

Old 05-04-13, 16:57
maggie_4_7

Can't seem to make the link work it goes down a black hole however I have received an email to inform me that their charges will be going up.

"New data - Bedford, Manchester, London.
Some prices up but discounts doubled on
credit purchases

Deceased Online price rises ... and some reductions too

For over 4 years we have kept document viewing prices fixed at a low rate. Unfortunately, due to increased costs, we can't hold off price increases any longer.

The increases apply to register page scans and computerised register records only; all other prices will remain unchanged. The minimum purchase has been raised in line with this.

The good news is that we are doubling the discounts on quantity credit purchases and more special offers will be available in due course.

The price increases will help us to add more records sooner, which we are sure you will applaud, and to develop the website to incorporate some of our users' excellent ideas.

Searching names on the database is still free.

The price changes will come into effect at 12:00 GMT (13:00 BST) on April 22nd. The new rates can be viewed here.

We hope you agree that Deceased Online offers excellent value for access to its unique database of burial, grave and cremation records, and that its ever-increasing rate of expansion will bring more records of interest to you.

More new data on Deceased Online

Sir William Harpur, Lord Mayor of London in 1562
Statue of Sir William Harpur, Lord Mayor of London in 1562
and featured in the new set of data for Bedford

14,500 burial records with register scans for the historic St Paul's Church, Bedford dating from 1567 to 1855 have just been added. See details here
There are now over 12 million data items on Deceased Online from Aberdeen in North Scotland to South Devon

Coming soon in April and May...

All records for a major council in Greater Manchester
One of the UK's most celebrated Victorian Garden Cemeteries - the first of the renowned 'Magnificent Seven' cemeteries to have all records digitized and placed online

The beautiful chapel in one of the country's most celebrated cemeteries in West London
The beautiful chapel in one of the country's most
celebrated cemeteries in West London
Old 23-04-13, 21:42

Default Trafford Council, Greater Manchester

Added 17th April 2013

Trafford Council, Greater Manchester
Bereavement Services, Altrincham Crematorium, Whitehouse Lane, Dunham Massey, Altrincham WA14 5RH.

Trafford is one of the 10 metropolitan councils which comprise Greater Manchester and, after Bolton, is the second to have its burial and cremation records on Deceased Online. Trafford itself comprises seven boroughs: Altrincham, Bowdon, Bucklow, Hale, Sale, Stretford and Urmston. Trafford is bordered by Salford to the north and west, Manchester City to the east, Warrington the southwest and Cheshire East to the south.

The Trafford area is world famous as the home to two of the most historic sporting venues: Old Trafford football ground, home of Manchester United, and Old Trafford cricket ground, home of Lancashire Cricket Club and venue for Test Matches and other international cricket matches. The area is also home to the Imperial War Museum, North and the huge Trafford Centre shopping area.

Trafford Council manages five cemeteries and a crematorium:

Dunham Lawn Cemetery
Hale Cemetery (Altrincham)
Sale Cemetery
Stretford Cemetery
Urmston Cemetery
Altrincham Crematorium
Deceased Online will feature records for all burials and cremations which total nearly 300,000. Currently available are:

Hale Cemetery
Hale Road, Altrincham, Cheshire WA15 8DF

There are 24,706 burials recorded in Hale Cemetery from December 1894 to October 1999.

Stretford Cemetery
Lime Road, Stretford, Manchester M32 8HX

There are 36,294 burials recorded in Stretford Cemetery from February 1885 to November 1999.

The records available on Deceased Online feature:

burial register scans with up to 48 entries per scanned page
grave details providing information on all those buried in the grave as well as the grave reference
cemetery maps showing the section where the grave is located
Note

Trafford Council have also requested that the addresses of the deceased and places of death not be shown in computerised burial register records for the last 15 years.
Old 26-04-13, 07:16
Administrator

Records for all five of the cemeteries managed by Trafford Council in Greater Manchester are now available on Deceased Online.
Dunham Lawn, Sale (aka Sale Brooklands) and Urmston cemeteries join Hale and Stretford Cemeteries with their data on the Deceased Online website; there are now nearly 120,000 burial records available for the area

Family History News updated 29th Feb
Findmypast 1871 census update
Old 26-04-13, 07:25

I've found my great-grandparents in Sale Cemetery, but the website is playing up, so even if I log in it won't let me view anything and keeps asking me to log in again. I'll try later - I want to see who else is in the grave.
Old 02-05-13, 21:42
Administrator

Altrincham Crematorium has been added.

Old 14-06-13, 07:20
Administrator

Brompton Cemetery in South West London, burials from 1840 to 1997.

Old 14-06-13, 08:00

Great! Quite a few of my Jeffcoats there. I already had some of them as I have visited the graves, which are still standing.

My 3x-great-grandparents were buried in the churchyard of Holy Trinity, Brompton, but the gravestones were moved.
Old 14-06-13, 08:35
Administrator

I thought I would have none there, but I just remembered my grandfather's great-aunt lived and died in Kensington, and yes, there she is.

Old 12-07-13, 06:54

Default Deceased on line - Wakefield records added

They have added records for 9 cemeteries and 2 crematoria. More to be added.
Old 17-10-13, 22:01
Administrator

Redcar & Cleveland is the first council area in North Yorkshire included on www.deceasedonline.com with the addition of all records for 8 cemeteries dating back to 1857.
Immediately available are records for 4 locations:
Boosbeck (1931 - 2010)
Brotton (1936 - 2010)
Eston (1865 - 2010)
Guisborough (1873 - 2010)
The records available comprise scans of burial registers, details of each grave and, coming soon, cemetery section maps indicating grave locations
Records for the remaining four cemeteries will be available very soon