Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Research Questions

Old 21-10-21, 23:40
Administrator

Haha!! MG!

Reading Evening Post 15 April 1968

(a long article - this is the first part. The second, much longer section seems to have been written by Trevor!)

Trevor Clark described how in 58 days, 36 actually driving, he went 12,000 miles around Australia in his MGB GT car without a puncture and with only one mishap, a failed petrol pump.

Mr B A Trevor Clark is a Reading man living at Wargrave and youngest son of the late Mr and Mrs Ben Clark of South Lake House, Woodley.

A professional driver in Britain and on the Continent, his most notable success has been to gain, with Mr Tony Edwards, the first international award in a BMC Mini in the 1959 RAC rally.

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 22-10-21, 08:52

Oh Merry, brilliant! So he did go to Australia, to drive round it, not live there or maybe not as Maggie infers. Then living in Wargrave which is about 3 or 4 miles down the road.
So, he probably was the one born in 1924, just looked younger…. I’ll see if I can find that article.

Researching Gillett in Preston/Sheffield and Campbell and Wilkie and Hepburn in and around Glasgow
Old 22-10-21, 09:22
maggie_4_7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piwacket View Post
Oh Merry, brilliant! So he did go to Australia, to drive round it, not live there or maybe not as Maggie infers. Then living in Wargrave which is about 3 or 4 miles down the road.
So, he probably was the one born in 1924, just looked younger…. I’ll see if I can find that article.
He did die in New South Wales in 1989 he is in the death index for NSW.

https://familyhistory.bdm.nsw.gov.au...earch/result?4

CLARK BENJAMIN ARTHUR TREVOR 5598/1989

Father: BENJAMIN SIDNEY

Mother: DOROTHY MARY

Area: Unavailable
Old 22-10-21, 12:22

[QUOTE=maggie_4_7;401107]He did die in New South Wales in 1989 he is in the death index for NSW.
Great Maggie, thank you for your help again.

Researching Gillett in Preston/Sheffield and Campbell and Wilkie and Hepburn in and around Glasgow