Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Family History General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-08-19, 14:36
maggie_4_7

I thought it a poor episode, the beginning was fine but I think Jack's father was quite shocked at the syphillis revelation and the way Caroline died (I thought it was terribly sad) and from then on in he seemed a bit detached, plus his son was constantly trying to turn it into comedy with digs at his father re boarding school and the Conservatives.

So what Jack you went to boarding school get over yourself your fans don't care you had a privileged upbringing and now you are embarrassed by it, it got a bit wearing and tedious plus I don't think Jack Whitehall is very funny anyway totally not interested in FH but only in using it as vehicle for his comedy shows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiterunner View Post
I thought the "pony and trap accident" story sounded very fishy from the start, and I would have started by looking for Richard sr's death registration!

Wasn't REB lucky not to be born with congenital syphilis, considering that his father died from syphilis before he was 2, and that his mother presumably got it from his father?
Very lucky, I don't know what the percentages are in a baby being born with it, there wasn't much time born in 1870 father died 1872.

But Randolph Churchill's wife Jennie Jerome seemed to avoid being infected but of course we have no idea what their marriage arrangements were like.

Last edited by maggie_4_7; 06-08-19 at 14:53.