Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Research Questions

Old 12-10-09, 21:33

Default Does anyone have access to Pallots Marriage Index on Ancestry please?

Please can someone look up details on Pallots Marriage Index for England 1780 - 1837 for me? My Ancestry subscription will only let me view the index.

What information is in this index? Would it have the names of the parents of the bride & groom?

I am looking for details of the marriage of Mary Gaiger to Tiver and also Margt Harrison to Tiver.

Thank you in anticipation.

Sue at Langley Vale
Old 12-10-09, 21:50
Administrator

Mary Gaiger m George Tiver at St lawrence, Winchester in 1810. He was 'of Lymington'. The marriage was by licence. Usually Pallot's tells you their condition, but not in this case

Margaret Harrison also married a George Tiver in 1836 at St Anne's Soho. Not condition for them either.

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 12-10-09, 21:54
Administrator

There's a bit of info on the marriage allegation for the marriage at Winchester. That George was a schoolmaster and he and the bride were both 21 years of age. The groom was a bachelor but the bride was already a widow. The marriage took place on 1st Oct 1810.

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 12-10-09, 22:09

Thank you so much Merry.

Interesting that George in Winchester was 'of Lymington'. I haven't been able to find his birth so far, but that will give me somewhere to look.
When he died in 1813 he was listed in the local paper as 'Schoolmaster of a respected Academy' and it's interesting to know that he was already a schoolmaster at 21 when he married.

Margaret & George (George & Mary's son, born just after his father's death) were both unmarried when they married at St Anne's Soho. I was hoping there would be some details for her parents Ah well - back to the drawing board

Sue at Langley Vale
Old 13-10-09, 11:09

Hmm. If the allegation says 21, it probably means 21 & upwards. He's probably under 25, as I've seen 30 & 40 given as ages in the registers, but they are not going to be too accurate.