Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Family History General Discussion

Old 01-01-21, 23:53

I've found quite a few relatives this year through a facebook group devoted to Lincoln. Lincs PR's and newspaper cuttings have allowed me to untangle the dozens of Chambers who share the same forenames and put them in the proper place in the tree, which then leads back to the FB group and finding yet more relatives.

I finally looked at the Blaggs of Car Colston (married my Goulson family), and unearthed some real gems about the manor houses and halls they lived in. The first generation of Blagg/Goulson children is 13 children who have a combined lifespan of over 1050 years between them. Ten of them lived to between 90 and 98 years of age.

The oldest headstone in my family dates to the 1720's and I learned it's a rare "Belvoir Angel" gravestone. Quite rare as only around 320 are known to exist and were only carved for a period of about 70 years. A 1970's survey failed to locate mine even though it's just yards from another example. Many are Grade II listed though mine isn't. I also have another two in extended branches of the family which could be some sort of record. Have to tip my hat to the Blagg and Goulson lines again for those

And yet another case of "just missed each other" discovered today when I learned a half brother and myself both worked for the same company though he left about two years before I started there.
My coal is spent, my iron's gone
My nails are drove, my work is done
Lord receive my soul

Last edited by Glen TK; 02-01-21 at 00:04.
Old 03-01-21, 12:52

My two brick walls remain stubbornly in place. From time to time I have another stab at

them, but no luck.
Old 09-01-21, 21:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by merry View Post
i've studied some brick walls, but they are all still there!
snap!
Brewer, Broad, Eplett & Pope in Cornwall
Smoothy & Willsher/Wiltshire in Essex & Surrey
Emms, Mealing + variants, Purvey & Williams in Gloucestershire
Barnes, Dunt, Gray, Massingham, Saul/Seals/Sales in Norfolk
Matthews & Nash in Warwickshire
Old 10-01-21, 00:51

I could not really settle down to proper research and online school did not give me the free time I thought I'd have during lock down.

I decided to clear my ancestry hints. I deleted the "select" hints where i already had images. There were no major, or memorable, breakthroughs but I was able to add some more details to some people, the details beyond BMDs were quite interesting.