Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Family History News and Information

Old 11-09-18, 06:39
Administrator

Default City of London Cemetery Burial Registers online

But although the page says "Search our burial registers", you actually have to browse through:

https://colc.past-view.com/

Covers 1856 to 1955.

Family History News updated 29th Feb
Findmypast 1871 census update
Old 11-09-18, 06:49
Administrator

I'm probably being stupid, but can anyone see how can I easily make the images bigger?

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 11-09-18, 06:52
Administrator

I think it might be overloaded at the moment, due to being mentioned in the Lost Cousins newsletter (which is where I got it from.) But when I first tried it, I clicked on the + sign in the bottom left-hand corner and that made the cursor act like a magnifying glass. There is also a "fullscreen" button in the top right-hand corner.

Family History News updated 29th Feb
Findmypast 1871 census update
Old 11-09-18, 07:40
Administrator

Ah, OK thanks. I tried full screen but as this screen isn't very big it was no help! Will try bottom left.

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 11-09-18, 09:49
Administrator

It took about 20 minutes for the magnifier to load! I could then look at the first page I wanted to see, but was timed out of the site for the list of other pages, so I had to close the page, re-open it and repeat my search criteria and then open the second page. I have waited ten minutes so far for the magnifier to open the second time! lol Luckily I only have eight more pages to search for this first relation (my previously unknown half-sister - well, unknown until about 10 years ago!)

Old 11-09-18, 10:41
Administrator

I gave up with the magnifier after three pages, when I realised, though I couldn't read the pages, I could see well enough to know the names were not the one I was looking for. I gave up after 6 pages of 10 when the pages stopped loading within 10 minutes!! Probably covered enough days after her date of death in any case.