Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Family History News and Information

Old 27-10-21, 12:42
Administrator

Perhaps we should place bets? I think he will just say Rotherham again, or Ashby

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 27-10-21, 13:00

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry View Post
Perhaps we should place bets? I think he will just say Rotherham again, or Ashby
He might surprise us. He might tell the truth and admit he’s an alien being from another planet.
Old 27-10-21, 13:39

Oh yes it will be interesting after all he's said previously.

I wonder where my Mum will be - hopefully in Yorkshire where she is supposed to have been working since she was 14.
Old 27-10-21, 15:32
Administrator

I asked about the micropayments system on Facebook, and got a reply from FMP saying that yes, the 1921 Census will be accessible via micropayments, and yes, the micropayments system will have been rolled out to all users by the launch date.

Family History News updated 29th Feb
Findmypast 1871 census update
Old 27-10-21, 15:42
Administrator

So many people on Facebook complaining about the charges! I had to laugh at one person who claimed they had "15,000 people to research on the 1921 census" in their two family trees, and that the cost would mean they couldn't continue their research. I suppose they haven't had to order BMD certificates for those 15,000 people... And just to add, the 15,000 is not a typo, because they have mentioned that number more than once.

Old 27-10-21, 15:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiterunner View Post
So many people on Facebook complaining about the charges! I had to laugh at one person who claimed they had "15,000 people to research on the 1921 census" in their two family trees, and that the cost would mean they couldn't continue their research. I suppose they haven't had to order BMD certificates for those 15,000 people... And just to add, the 15,000 is not a typo, because they have mentioned that number more than once.
I would have thought that there will usually be several individuals in a household under one record, not lots of individual people all to be investigated separately.

My priority is to find my parents and grandparents and any great-grandparents and then the same for OH's line.
Old 27-10-21, 16:05
Administrator

I think my OH's lot will mostly be together in big households, but some of mine will likely be scattered. I have been saving some money specially for the 1921 census though.

Old 27-10-21, 16:25
Administrator

If the 1921 census is really going to be on Findmypast from launch, instead of on a separate website, they will need to change the description of the Pro sub on their subscription page - at present it says "Access to everything on Findmypast."

Old 27-10-21, 16:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiterunner View Post
If the 1921 census is really going to be on Findmypast from launch, instead of on a separate website, they will need to change the description of the Pro sub on their subscription page - at present it says "Access to everything on Findmypast."
My renewal was today. They have upgraded my membership (without my asking for this) and it's a lot more expensive this year, even with my loyalty discount.
Old 27-10-21, 16:43
Administrator

Was that upgraded from a subscription level which is no longer available, Elizabeth? If you haven't used it since the renewal you might be able to get it cancelled and then choose a cheaper one. Not sure if they will let you do that if you've already used it though. But you could contact their customer support and ask.