Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Family History Stories

Old 30-06-13, 07:32

Amazing piece of sleuthing there Julie to find all the linkages back to the Tenterfield area! It's exciting to have another FH circle closed.
Now when we whizz past the Ben Lomond turn off I'll remember it has special significance for you.

Trove is so aptly named! Must go and have another trawl as additions happen continually.
I found my birth notice some time ago.
Old 30-06-13, 08:17

Julie, what a fantastic story! I can imagine you sitting there smiling like a Cheshire cat!
It shows that perseverance pays off.

Last edited by ElizabethHerts; 30-06-13 at 17:13.
Old 30-06-13, 13:41
tenterfieldjulie

Thanks Panda, Kate, Liza .. soo thrilled .. lots of luck, patience and perseverance did pay off, but most especially having GF onside finding essential information and with Kate looking at things with fresh eyes .. inspires you .. I can't wait to return to Ireland .. and having an Irish friend helps too .. I think I will go back for a few days and stay at Ardagh, last time we were in such a rush (having spent too long in Adare!!) and we hadn't proved 100% that Glenaster was Ellen's townland. Cheers. Julie
Old 05-07-13, 08:41
Administrator

Great story, Julie - isn't it nice when you can sort out some loose ends!

Erm....so how do you arrest your own murderer???

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 05-07-13, 09:21
tenterfieldjulie

Thanks Merry .. it took so many years, but finally found so much, all on Trove in the newspapers, after what was found on Familysearch back in Ireland and Ancestry with shipping.
If I remember correctly, when Eric was arresting a man, he pulled a gun and shot Eric, who died later from injuries cause by the bullet. I think the account said Eric called out to passers by to hold the man until reinforcements arrived. Google it .. I did lol. Julie