Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Members' Direct Ancestors > Take One 4xGreat-Grandparent

Old 17-03-12, 09:34
maggie_4_7

Default William Featherstone

My OH’s mother's father's father's father's father's father.

Name:
William Featherstone

Date and place of birth:
Unknown

Names of parents:
Unknown

Date and place of baptism:
Unknown

Details of each of his or her marriages:
Marriage to Elizabeth Flower Boyse on 10th September 1799 at St Botolph without Bishopsgate, City of London, London, England
Link to his son’s thread:-
http://www.genealogistsforum.co.uk/f...l+Featherstone

Carpenter

Addresses where they lived (including county if in UK):
Not found any census with him on.

Date, place and cause of death:
Unknown

Date and place of burial:
Unknown

Details of will / administration of their estate:
Unknown

Memorial inscription - if any:
Unknown

Last edited by maggie_4_7; 18-03-12 at 11:52.
Old 18-03-12, 11:46
Administrator

Does George Thomas Featherstone who was baptised 7 Feb 1802 (born 16th Oct 1801) at St Giles Cripplegate belong to this family? If so then William's occupation is carpenter. There is also a Frederic baptised 2 Oct 1802 (born 28 Aug 1803) and Thomas James baptised 16th Mar 1806 (born 5 Feb 1806) also at St Giles Cripplegate. The dates fit in between William and Elizabeth's marriage and Samuel George's baptism.

Family History News updated 29th Feb
Findmypast 1871 census update
Old 18-03-12, 11:51
maggie_4_7

Yes they are all their children, sorry didn't remember that the occupation was on the baptism. Will add it to the post.
Old 07-01-17, 22:06

I hope that you are still reading this thread Maggie. William Featherstone was my 4xg grandfather. Quickly reading through the 'Featherstone threads', you seem to be researching the line that goes through Frederick George Featherstone, whereas my line comes through Isaac Henry Chumley Featherstone. Your OH appears to be my 2nd cousin 4x removed (I think)! I shall work through the threads as there is a lot there that I haven't found out, though I must say that I too have been perplexed by my Bartlett data - now I see 'bigamy'! What else....
Old 08-01-17, 11:36
maggie_4_7

Yes still here although I haven't done much on OH's tree of late too distracted by my own - OH isn't interested very much unless someone in his family shows interest. I was doing it for his mum who loved all the information I managed to get for her, she is descended from the Featherstone family sadly she died in Novemember 2013 at age 93.

Funnily enough I had just started looking at it again. I am now thinking I can't remember why I thought that the marriage between William Featherstone and Elizabeth Flower Boyse is the right one I must have been convinced by something.

I haven't got further back on William but if Elizabeth is the right person I have her family.

Edit to say: I do have a tree on Ancestry for these families do you have one on Ancestry?

Last edited by maggie_4_7; 08-01-17 at 13:22.
Old 09-01-17, 08:18

Maggie, I have sent you a PM with details. David

Tags
to4g33