Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Family History General Discussion

Old 20-01-14, 06:54
Administrator

Default Who Do You Think You Are USA - Kelly Clarkson

Tonight on BBC1 at 23:20.

Family History News updated 29th Feb
Findmypast 1871 census update
Old 21-01-14, 15:18

I've just watched my recording of this and found it fascinating, especially because I had a gt. gt. grandfather who died in the American Civil War. I got the pension records for his widow from the National Archives and Records Bureau in Washington - about 20 pages of incredible information about my family that I would never have known otherwise.

The thing that has bothered me though is what was said by the BBC announcer at the end. Something to the effect that WDYTYA is "taking a break" because something else is being shown at the same time next week. Does that mean we won't get to see the rest of this series until some unspecified time in the future? I have my recorder set to record the whole series and there is nothing showing in the recording schedule after this week. It's only just started and now it looks as though it is being snatched away from us!
Old 21-01-14, 16:07
Administrator

Yes, Ann, like I said on the other thread about the series as a whole, I seem to remember that when they showed the previous series of this, they seemed to use it to fill in gaps in the schedule and they would show a couple of episodes then we had to wait weeks for the next one. Something called "BBC News - the Editors" or some such is in the slot next Monday night, but what I find really annoying is that in the slot before that, 10:35 to 11:20, which would be exactly the right length, is an extended repeat of an old episode of "Have I Got News For You" from April of last year! Why couldn't they drop that and put WDYTYA in that slot?

Sorry to say I didn't find this episode particularly interesting, and I wondered if her mother knew all that stuff about Isaiah Rose already from her own research.

Family History News updated 29th Feb
Findmypast 1871 census update
Old 27-01-14, 15:06

Just had occasion to look at the recording schedule on my recorder for something else and have seen this, quite by accident.

2nd February 2014. Who Do You Think you Are? USA. BBC1 23.10 to 23.50. The info button tells me it is Cindy Crawford and is number 3 of 6. Hooray!