Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Members' Direct Ancestors > Take One Great-Grandparent

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20-12-09, 19:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret in Burton View Post
When the marriage cert arrives for Joseph and Grace I wonder who Joseph will have as fathers name.

Hopefully Thomas.
Just got back today from a couple of days away and I now have the cert. So here goes................

10 December 1912 at the Register Office, Fulham.

Joseph Thomas Patrick Lynch, widower aged 39, author of 33 Lillie Road, Fulham, father Thomas Lynch, author (deceased).

Married....

Grace Mary Compton, widow aged 40 years of 63 Halford Road, Fulham, father William James Richard Green, master mariner (deceased).

Witnesses: Sydney Bower or Bowen, Annie J. Bower or Bowen and Violet Henderson.

I've not looked at the witnesses yet but the key things I take from this are that:

- he is the same one who married Margaret Swallow (although his age and place of birth are inconsistent)
- he is definitely related in some way to my great grandmother - same surname, similar age, both down as born Bradford on the 1911 and she was living in a side road off Lillie Road in 1911
- he could be her brother but something is not quite right - family stories hinting at scandal, their father's names don't match (exactly)

All theories welcome !!

Tags
togg5