Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Research Questions

Old 02-08-22, 20:43
Administrator

Here is the passenger list for Caduceus with them on it.
http://www.ozlists.com/genies/shippi...z/nl_caduc.htm

When we have passed a certain age, the soul of the child we were
and the souls of the dead from whom we have sprung come to lavish on us their riches and their spells
(Marcel Proust)

Christine
Old 03-08-22, 00:05

Thank you all so much. My granddaughter has gone from knowing her grandmother’s name was “Nanna” to all this in a couple of days. When she was young, she loved coming with me to cemeteries, but as she got older, she gave that up. Now she is hooked at the ripe old age of nineteen……..lol

Chris………is there a site I haven’t found with shipping between NZ and Australia. My grandfather, Michael Bowler, born Patel 1885, came out here after WW1. I have a photo of him in Bath England with the NZ Army band in about 1921/22 ish, and his daughter, my mother, was born here in 1928. S between early 1920 s to 1927. I have searched everywhere.
Old 03-08-22, 01:20
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrysMum View Post
Thank you all so much. My granddaughter has gone from knowing her grandmother’s name was “Nanna” to all this in a couple of days. When she was young, she loved coming with me to cemeteries, but as she got older, she gave that up. Now she is hooked at the ripe old age of nineteen……..lol

Chris………is there a site I haven’t found with shipping between NZ and Australia. My grandfather, Michael Bowler, born Patel 1885, came out here after WW1. I have a photo of him in Bath England with the NZ Army band in about 1921/22 ish, and his daughter, my mother, was born here in 1928. S between early 1920 s to 1927. I have searched everywhere.
I have not found any passenger lists between Australia and NZ, occasionally there are some arrivals/departures reported in newspapers and available on Papers Past.
I find the UK to NZ ones hit and miss, there are I think 3 sites I use and only one is sort of searchable on site. Some are available of Family Search, and I looked there the other day but they did not appear on there. The link is probably the best site for the number of ships listed but not searchable unfortunately. Once I had the name of the ship then I found it.
The same site as a few "others" which are mainly UK to NZ but via some other places including Australia, so you may be lucky.
https://freepages.rootsweb.com/~ship.../shipsadd.html

When we have passed a certain age, the soul of the child we were
and the souls of the dead from whom we have sprung come to lavish on us their riches and their spells
(Marcel Proust)

Christine
Old 03-04-23, 00:43

I wondered how you are progressing with your Captain Josiah Holman search. Any specific questions, please let me know. On March 8 1863 from the Port of Auckland a Holman is listed as a passenger on the Airedale travelling to Southern ports including Sydney. It is generally agreed he arrived in Australia some time in March. Elizabeth, wife and family, I believe three youngest children, Josiah Jr, Charles and Annie travelled later in January 1865.