Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Research Questions

Old 15-07-11, 19:46
Administrator

He can't have died as early as 1920 as he had two children after that!! (That's why I asked you if you had your grandmother's birth cert, as you wouldn't be able to tell from the index entry if there was no father's name recorded.) There were no other likely deaths in Worksop.

If you don't feel any of those deaths is him then your next option is to either go via the burial of his wife as I've already suggested, or as you have an address for him and his wife in 1922 contect the library in Worksop and see if you can persuade them to check the electoral rolls for the address and see when he disappeared.

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 15-07-11, 19:55
Administrator

Quote:
does it not say widows name on the death index
No, it doesn't. It may not even mention the widow on the death certificate.

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 16-07-11, 15:35

ok,thanks, i will try the worksop libarry next week.
Old 16-07-11, 18:26
Administrator

I have just done a search of the GRO indexes for Joseph Wilson b 1880 +/-2 years dying 1925 +/- 2 years and there are ten matches. Five of those matches have middle names making them perhaps less likely. The other five are in the following districts:

Warwick
Walsall
Gateshead
Liverpool
Fylde

Old 22-07-11, 20:28

thanks for your help.ive found josephs war records on the library ancestrory edition. and it says on one of his questionaires that he served time in jail for assault .perhaps this might explain why the 10 year gap between children. could you possible find out what jail he was in and how long for ? thanks
Old 22-07-11, 20:43
Administrator

I can't see how that can explain the gap as he signed that form in Sept 1914, so the term in prison for assault would obviously be before that.

I don't see how we can know when or where he was in jail, except that he wasn't in jail on any census.