Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Members' Direct Ancestors > Take One 4xGreat-Grandparent

Old 24-02-12, 08:07
Administrator

Default Hannah Filer

Name - "official" name and what they were known as Hannah Filer
Date and place of birth About 1792 Chew Magna, Somerset
Names of parents Peter Filer and Hannah nee Heal
Date and place of baptism - if applicable 29 Jan 1792 Chew Magna, Somerset
Details of each of his or her marriages - if any 13 Dec 1812 St Mary Redcliffe, Bristol, to Thomas Vowles, both of this parish
Occupation(s) - if any Housewife
Addresses where they lived (including county if in UK) - and please list which censuses you have or haven't found him/her on (if s/he lived in census times!). 1814-1819 Bedminster, Somerset
Date, place and cause of death Not found
Date and place of burial. Not found
Details of will / administration of their estate - if applicable Not found - probably none
Memorial inscription - if any Not found

Link to son's thread: John Vowles

I'm not 100% sure I have the right baptism for John, so Hannah could turn out to be the wrong person, but this is all I have to go on at the moment.

Family History News updated 29th Feb
Findmypast 1871 census update

Last edited by kiterunner; 03-09-21 at 17:20. Reason: add birth, parents, baptism
Old 29-11-18, 17:04
Administrator

I have some DNA matches estimated 5th - 8th cousins for descendants of a couple called Isaac Filer and Mary Filer (nee Filer) who married on the 5th Nov 1818 at Chew Magna, Somerset, witnesses William Veale and John Pow.

Isaac was baptised 30 Jan 1795 at Chelwood, Somerset, son of Charles and Martha. Mary was born at Chew Magna about 1788-9, according to censuses, so she could be Molly Filer baptised 25 May 1788 at Chew Magna, the daughter of Peter and Hester Filer, paupers, according to FreeREG. There is a Hannah Fyler baptised 29 Jan 1792 at Chew Magna, daughter of Peter and Hannah. I'm wondering whether the mother's name Hester on Molly's baptism could be a mistake? There is a Peter Filer / Hannah Heal marriage 2 Jan 1776 at Chelwood.

Edit - it does say Hester for mother's name on the PR image, but the mother on the previous entry was also a Hester, so could be a mistake.
https://www.ancestry.co.uk/interacti...=successSource

Family History News updated 29th Feb
Findmypast 1871 census update

Tags
to4g30