Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Research Questions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-08-19, 18:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiterunner View Post
Welcome to the forum, linds1967. I've re-read this thread a couple of times, but I'm confused by what you say about Bertha Louise Jones not being the bride in the 1907 marriage but a witness. Are you talking about the marriage of Bertha Louisa Jones to Henry John Enbel (or Eubel, or Embel) in 1907? If so, could you give us the full details of what it says on the marriage certificate, please?
Hi, yes thats the marriage I am referring to - I didn't purchase the marriage certificate as it didn't seem right to me as she was still living at home on the 1911 census. After checking electoral rolls, census info, etc, I found Margaret Louisa Buckland married to Alfred James Thomas so do not think she married at that time and strangely they are all listed on the same reference number which I assume would mean only one marriage took place (I assume a double marriage would mean 2 reference numbers?). Bit confusing!