Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Family History News and Information

Old 24-11-16, 14:01
Administrator

I expect there are loads of people who know nothing about it, Phoenix!

I also wish I could remember the interesting certs I have wanted over the last year or two!

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 24-11-16, 15:02
Administrator

I've just received 4 of 5 of my first order with the second set probably now due tomorrow (well, they were originally due 22nd (first batch) and 23rd (second batch)).

Needless to say, the most interesting of the first batch is the one they didn't send!

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 25-11-16, 12:54
Administrator

Received the last of the original batch and all but one of the second batch today.

The interesting one wasn't very - the coroner decided the cause of death was 'visitation of God', so not foul play, but not very conclusive!

Old 29-11-16, 07:04
Administrator

I'm getting a refund for one pdf. This is part of the email they sent me:

Quote:
We have been unable to process your application, please refer to the paragraph below.
Due to the nature of the original image, we are unable to produce a PDF of the entry you require.* You can apply for a certificate for which a new order would be required.
I'm thinking if I order a cert from the GRO they may hand write what they think it says on their poor quality image, so I will try and order a copy from the local office.

Old 29-11-16, 17:17

That's interesting Merry as one of the reasons for abandoning the DOVE project was that the equipment being used could not cope with many of the records - misaligned, curved pages, indistinct writing and so on. Reassuring to know they were telling the truth about at least one record!

OC
Old 20-01-17, 11:37
Administrator

Phase 2 of the PDF Trial has started, but I doubt that they will reach 15,000 orders:

PDF Pilot Phase 2

Since the 19th January, we have been trialling a premium PDF service for registration records. Records will not be immediately viewable, but emailed as a PDF.

The pilot is in 3 phases. Phase 2 of the pilot, is a premium PDF service available for applications made between 8am and 1 pm. We aim to deliver within 3 hours

Each premium PDF costs £45, and is available for the following England and Wales records held by GRO:

Births, Marriages and Deaths: 1837 on
Civil Partnerships: 2005 on

Full details are in 'About the PDF Pilot' page

Phase 2 closes on 8 February or when 15,000 PDFs have been ordered, whichever is sooner. Details of Phase 3 (PDFs of non-digitised records) will be announced shortly.

Family History News updated 29th Feb
Findmypast 1871 census update
Old 20-01-17, 12:19
Administrator

Might be useful for heir hunters I suppose!

Old 20-01-17, 12:25

I wouldn't pay £45 for a pdf but the heir hunter companies would probably do so.