Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Research Questions

Old 06-07-22, 11:44

hi merry , I paid the archives to find copies of the births of samuel hale and william Hale to see if the parents were the same i received them this morning and they are both sons of william and mary Hale . so that's good news isn't it ? regards Chrissie x
Old 06-07-22, 11:51
Administrator

What was the date of Samuel's baptism?

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 06-07-22, 12:12

hi They have sent copies of what i asked for with birth years . on the back is the ddx ref with william Hale 1795 and Samuel 1791.
Old 06-07-22, 12:19
Administrator

So, you still don't know the full range of children for Wm and Mary?

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 06-07-22, 12:59

that,may be true but i have done what you suggested i should do to tie samuel hale with william Hale . as brothers so i have done that . there was no mention of other siblings .
Old 06-07-22, 13:02

in post 153 you suggest getting these records to tie samuel to william and parents william and mary . And i have done all of that now .
Old 06-07-22, 13:36
Administrator

From post #153:

Quote:
Post #123 kiterunner:

You would need to find out if there are other births to the same parents before William's, and see when the first one was, to see whether the 1784 marriage is likely to be the right one or not.
From post #154:

Quote:
You can't say the marriage in 1784 of Mary Wilson and Wm Hale is the right marriage because you have not researched the St Anne's Catholic registers to see when your couple began having children and when their last child was born. Really you either have to do this research yourself or pay someone else to do it.

Old 06-07-22, 16:23

You are probably not aware that Ormskirk Market is one of the oldest markets in England - Aughton and Little Aughton are mentioned in the Domesday Book - my father was evacuated to Little Aughton when WW2 started - he was 13 at the time - A LOT of Liverpool people travel by Merseyrail to Ormskirk Market on Thursdays - and Saturdays - so - if you think it is worth trying - contact them to see if anyone knows anything about Roman Catholic Records there - I would imagine someone would know - great pubs as well - The Eureka - springs to mind ...anyway - if you think it is worth a shot ?? let me know - I can get the Merseyrail from Garston to Ormskirk Free on my Travel Pass for aged 60 and over - - https://discoverormskirk.com/market/

ADDED
I could go next Thursday for Pigs Belly / Lambs Neck Ends and Ox Heart - oh - and a pint ...lol...
on a serious note is St Annes church still active ?
Yes - built 1732
https://www.stannes-ormskirk.org.uk/
let me know if you want me to visit - pretty local for me - about 20 miles ...and a nice train ride ...xxx could do with a day out doing something different -
Church administrator - Colette Adams-Duff - e mail address
[email protected]
Good Luck - she is quite fit as well ...ha ha

Last edited by garstonite; 06-07-22 at 16:50.
Old 06-07-22, 17:11

hi garstonite , i think i emailed st annes R.C church , to ask about theiir records ,I think you can by a cd rom for deaths and memorial for the church but not the births and marriages , But if you go to ormskirk and get the chance you could ask about the records if it isn't a problem . I have just got two copies of A1 sheets with a little info and it's cost me £17 . from lancs archives . so if you can glean anything i would be interested . Ormskirk is one of my favourite places ,i spent a lot of my teenage years there and in Old Skem before they recreated it lol .. thanks . chrissie
Old 06-07-22, 17:32

I will check if anyone can be in the church next Thursday - if so - I will have a day out there xxxxx