Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Members' Direct Ancestors > Take One 4xGreat-Grandparent

Old 09-11-12, 00:04

Default Ann (possibly Smith)

MMFMMM

I'm posting this just to make a thread for my MMFMMM. I don't know how much information, if any, is relevant to her. I'll add to it when I can.

Phoenix found two marriages for a William Joice/Joyce in the right area and time frame. Unfortunately both brides were named Ann! As daughter Mary was born about 1808, I have gone with the first marriage.
See posts #2,3,4 & 5 on the thread for her husband

http://www.genealogistsforum.co.uk/f...=william+joice

Name - "official" name and what they were known as – Ann (possibly Smith)

Date and place of birth – unknown, but probably about 1780 in Hampshire.

Names of parents - unknown

Date and place of baptism - unknown

Details of each of his or her marriages – to William Joice/Joyce 3 March 1801, Longstock, Hampshire.

Occupation(s) -

Addresses where they lived (including county if in UK) - and please list which censuses you have or haven't found him/her on (if s/he lived in census times!).
Daughter Mary was born abt 1808 in Hampshire.

1841 census – William (60) & Ann (45) Joyce appear in Longstock, Hampshire with Sarah Joyce (15). Or is this the Ann Joyce (nee Hays) from the 2nd marriage in 1814 that Phoenix found?
1851 census – (as Joys) aged 57,in Longstock, Hampshire with husband William (72) who is listed as a pauper ag lab. Or is this also the Ann Joyce (nee Hays) from the 2nd marriage in 1814 that Phoenix found?
1861 census – Longstock, Hampshire, lodging with Michael Stevens, his wife Sarah & children. (Is this Sarah the one who appears in 1841 census with William & Ann Joyce?) Or is this also the Ann Joyce (nee Hays) from the 2nd marriage in 1814 that Phoenix found?

Date, place and cause of death - unknown

Date and place of burial - unknown

Details of will / administration of their estate - unknown

Memorial inscription - unknown

Husband
William Joice/Joyce

Daughter
Mary Joice/Joyce

Sue at Langley Vale

Last edited by Langley Vale Sue; 09-11-12 at 00:09. Reason: Adding links to husband's & daughter's threads

Tags
to4g18