Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Research Questions

Old 23-08-22, 08:49
Administrator

I'm beginning to think he was just a neighbour of the person I'm investigating who happened to have the same surname and so was invited to be a witness at my chap's wedding in 1813. They both seem to have lived around Grey's Inn Holborn at various times. I know who my chap is (parents, siblings, wives children etc) and I know JAW is not his brother though they were similar ages. If JAW was really from Bristol then he might be a cousin, but working out which Williams from Denbigh moved to Bristol might be too difficult to prove and I'm beginning to lose the will to live over him. I had thought he might be really easy t track down!

I can't find a JAW (or JW) on the 1851 census that looks promising when including born Glou*, Som* or Bristol etc.

Quote:
Also there is this in TNA's catalogue from 1846
I had forgotten I'd seen that yesterday, so Thanks!

I don't know if it's him either. There's another JAW son of George and Sarah, b 1816 in Greenwich who died 1849 in the same area as 'my' JAW. I suppose it's likely these two JAWs are related, but there are just so many people called Williams everywhere I can't confirm anything.

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010