Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Family History News and Information

Old 28-02-19, 15:30

Both my parents and three of my grandparents should definitely be on it. My maternal grandfather will be on it if the RN submitted their returns as for the 1911 Census, when he was in Sydney.

Three of my great-grandparents were alive then, and two more in Scotland.
Old 28-02-19, 23:20

And no address on that part of the form. That's going to give us fun.

Four grandparents, eight great-grandparents, and I already know where all of them should be living, so no surprises likely.

Does anyone else find the recording of birth patterns offensive? It's almost as if they are working out where to place the Marie Stopes clinics.
Old 01-03-19, 00:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiterunner View Post
The last column looks interesting but I'm not sure they thought it through very well. What if there were twins or triplets, or a stepchild the same age as the person's own child? Would they manage to put two or three X's in the same box?

And what's the betting that we find a lot of married women and unmarried mothers filled that column in although it says married men, widowers and widows only?! Though of course it will be useful if they did.
I agree it should be a number rather than an x to make it easier.

It looks like they are giving married women a break as they are normally the ones to record the children but this one does not list all children so there is a chance we will miss a child or have too many given step children are married. Children born to unwed mothers are going to be missing from the statistics though.

I should have one grandparent, 2 great grandparents and three 3g grandparents. Others living on other countries. I missed a 4g grandmother by about a year.

Last edited by Kit; 01-03-19 at 00:29.