Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > DNA Questions

Old 17-02-19, 07:13
maggie_4_7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
Maggie, I'm very dubious about putting my DNA in too many places. Don't care for myself, but I know sib has reservations, which I feel I have to respect.
I have that elusive Norfolk match on Ancestry, they are on GEDMatch too, I can't find the link yet though
Old 23-02-19, 14:48
maggie_4_7

Well I am slowly sorting out the matches but what a job. Some are on Ancestry, MyHeritage and GEDMatch so crosschecking but some are only on one of them!

I have another 2 3rd cousins pop up on Ancestry with no bloody trees and no match to anyone else.

There are few that have me completely baffled to be honest I think it will take a thousand years to do it and I go around in circles.

I have messaged about 3 people over the course of the last week, one in New Zealand I had a response from immediately but I am still baffled.

But I love it anyway

Last edited by maggie_4_7; 23-02-19 at 16:42.
Old 25-02-19, 03:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie_4_7 View Post
But I love it anyway
That's the important thing.
Old 25-02-19, 11:53
maggie_4_7

What is has confirmed is that my Scottish research is correct and I am descended from the families I thought I was, a lot of people in Australia and New Zealand descended from my Youngs, McMillans, McEwans and Shaw families are matching with my DNA.