Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Members' Direct Ancestors > Take One 3xGreat-Grandparent

Old 19-03-11, 03:42

Got it Julie.
Old 19-03-11, 04:10

Sorry guys....I'm not supposed to be here. I'm supossed to be at a wedding....lol

The death is in the NSW Index under Amelia Keeffe (aged 48) in that year you have a couple of pages ago......Was it 1846??? The same one you have anyway.

If it was Hyland Cres and she was RC, it won't be in the register for the graves.

I have looked through the Hunter/Maitland burials and can't find her so I'd say that's what's happened.

I'm really outa here now......

Check the transcript has EXACTLY what's on the cert........because it's the 'little things' you want to check.
Old 19-03-11, 04:15
tenterfieldjulie

Thanks Libby, Di and Ammanda, I've found out more about the O'Keefe connection than I could find in Maitland. Yes I think I'll pay the few extra dollars and get a copy from the BDM Registrar.
Old 19-03-11, 04:28

Hi again, I'm just back from helping to set up for my nieces 21st, in the pouring rain.

Don't pay for a copy from the Registrar - is just a transcription of the parish burial register - as it's early church records - I think I can look them up on the microfilm at Parramatta LHS for free. It won't say much as in 1846 it will just be the burial record.

I am interested partly because my Brazill/Dawson/Rodford connections are from Morpeth and Maitland, and my Collis family were partly from Winchester. The Hampshire records available online at present are almost non-existent. They contributed nothing to the NBI2 and but don't know about NBI3.

Di
Old 19-03-11, 04:47
tenterfieldjulie

Hi Di, Yes it is frustrating at times isn't it. You get spoilt when many things are online and then the folk here are so helpful in other areas. I purchased the actual copy of the marriage from the Register of St. Thomas at Winchester through the Hampshire RO. It cost 6 pounds. I'm sorry that I didn't know of the marriage last year when I had two free days in Winchester. Kathleen and I did have a lovely time though and caught the bus out to Jane Austen's house. It is a fascinating area.
I must be addled, as I forgot Emily/Amelia's burial was pre 1856. I can find it at our Library... If I can find the reel lol Thanks Di. I will pm you.
Old 19-03-11, 05:26

I searched for Emily Banham on the new LDS site and got this one:

Adélaïde Emélie Bienaimée
baptism/christening date: 15 Jun 1797
baptism/christening place: St-Jacques-du-Haut-Pas, Paris, Seine, France
birth date: 14 Jun 1797
father's name: Jean Charles Félix Bienaimée
mother's name: Claude Françoise Nelatou

-the age is about right, and the French name could be anglicised to Banham. But its nothing like Ducroix.

Di
Old 19-03-11, 05:42
tenterfieldjulie

Wow Di, That is interesting. I've got to go out now. I wonder whether they put her name on the baptism of John in Portugal... Must go. Will talk later. Many thanks.
Old 19-03-11, 09:42

Back again..........

Julie, I use the Hunter Valley Genealogy forum. They may know something. What about any of the O'Keeffe children?? Have you tried to find them?? That could be another angle.
Old 19-03-11, 16:24
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammanda Schutz View Post
I have had no luck with the possible marriage of Emily to Thomas, I think was his name, Banham. Even checking all the spelling variations.
It was James, wasn't it?

Family History News updated 29th Feb
Findmypast 1871 census update
Old 19-03-11, 19:37

Yes, it was James. I was to tired to call it up so took a guess.

Tags
to3g18